Re: Flynn's new contract

countymadbel wrote:With his current contract out summer 22, and he's not gone by then what's the minimum he's got to achieve next season to be offered a new deal?
Can you be more specific. Are you asking as to whether he should be offered a new deal, or are you asking about the specifics of the deal? They are two separate things.

flat4 wrote:
countymadbel wrote:With his current contract out summer 22, and he's not gone by then what's the minimum he's got to achieve next season to be offered a new deal?
Non league football is coming to town again if he stays

A man that performed a minor miracle by keeping us in the FL followed by reaching the play off final just two seasons later and a top 10 place, so far after 31 games, a year later. I can see why you think he'll get us relegated :roll:

Exile 1976 wrote:
flat4 wrote:
Non league football is coming to town again if he stays

A man that performed a minor miracle by keeping us in the FL followed by reaching the play off final just two seasons later and a top 10 place, so far after 31 games, a year later. I can see why you think he'll get us relegated :roll:

The same man who has us playing probably the worse football since the Westley era at present

George Street-Bridge wrote:
neilcork68 wrote: The same man who has us playing probably the worse football since the Westley era at present
Neil - all our football since Westley has been played under Flynn.
No shit Sherlock.......
This current run of clueless football going on for almost three months now is on a par, if not worse than under Westley tenure.
He has blamed the pitch, we are as bad away from home.
He blames mistakes.......... Mistakes happen. Ato our level with the standard of players we have, they happen more.... Coach them better to lessen them, hopefully
Scoring problems...... Try changing tactics because what your doing now ain't working.
Has he changed any of them.... I can't see it

Well I'd think he should look to beat 2 championship sides in a cup competition to have a chance of drawing a premiership side then give a good performance hopefully win but if not take them to penalties.

I'd then look to do well in another cup competition in the hope we can get another premiership side and dreaming beyond dreams beat them or if not take them all the way to penalties.

Of course this is just fantasy in the hope we can get non budgeted for revenue into the club to make up for lost income in a hopefully once in a lifetime pandemic.

I'd then expect him in March to be in a position to challenge for promotion and again I know this is pure fantasy be in say 8th position.

As I say I'm a realist and all that is a big ask of any manager especially in these unprecedented times but we can all dream.

I know this isn't the question but if I was a manager who had achieved all that then I'd expect a bit of loyalty.

supporter wrote:Well I'd think he should look to beat 2 championship sides in a cup competition to have a chance of drawing a premiership side then give a good performance hopefully win but if not take them to penalties.

I'd then look to do well in another cup competition in the hope we can get another premiership side and dreaming beyond dreams beat them or if not take them all the way to penalties.

Of course this is just fantasy in the hope we can get non budgeted for revenue into the club to make up for lost income in a hopefully once in a lifetime pandemic.

I'd then expect him in March to be in a position to challenge for promotion and again I know this is pure fantasy be in say 8th position.

As I say I'm a realist and all that is a big ask of any manager especially in these unprecedented times but we can all dream.

I know this isn't the question but if I was a manager who had achieved all that then I'd expect a bit of loyalty.
And so would anyone else with half an ounce of sense.

supporter wrote:Well I'd think he should look to beat 2 championship sides in a cup competition to have a chance of drawing a premiership side then give a good performance hopefully win but if not take them to penalties.

FFS stop talking sence it doesn't go down well with a lot on here

Good rallying speech there Michael...

Thats the way , live off your past and not the here and now where your sides results and performances are crap