Re: Flynn's new contract

Has the paperwork been filed yet to change our name to Michael Flynn FC from The team formerly known as Newport County AFC?
Some on here want to give him a job for life because of what he has done in the past.
He could take us down and some would still say give him time....

This is a manager who would have left us in a heartbeat if his Mrs had agreed to him taking the Lincoln job he was allegedly offered or any of the others he was linked with or applied for (make your own mind up what you believe..)
#Loyalty???????

Amberexile wrote:At the 31 games mark, this is our second best season since we got back into the football league.
Morning Paul,

I know I've made this analogy before but it serves the purpose.

The Titanic was having a great crossing before it struck an iceberg. Captain Smith chose to go down with the ship. He didn't, as far as I know, try arguing that up until the 'blip' things had been going fine, no better than fine, before the iceberg the best crossing ever.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:At the 31 games mark, this is our second best season since we got back into the football league.
Morning Paul,

I know I've made this analogy before but it serves the purpose.

The Titanic was having a great crossing before it struck an iceberg. Captain Smith chose to go down with the ship. He didn't, as far as I know, try arguing that up until the 'blip' things had been going fine, no better than fine, before the iceberg the best crossing ever.
That's a bit dramatic Stan - I'm not sure our present situation can be compared to that of the Titanic!

Until mid December today's opponents were right in the hunt for promotion they went into freefall and sacked their manager, I think the same fate would've happened to MF had we fallen so far but we haven't we're 8th and he's brought an invaluable amount of unbudgetted income into our club from the cup runs.

Last season in a similar run MF stated he knew how football operated and if results didn't improve then his job was at risk.

Lincoln is always brought up so does that mean that Dan Butler was disloyal for going to a league
1 club, no he did what was right for him and his family and deserved the move.

8th in the table sack the manager absolute madness.

neilcork68 wrote:One post saying your working and too busy to post yet you continue to post in other topics.... Make your mind up

Anyway I am off to work and too busy working to post
Papski 2/1 next sacking. I can't argue against that one.

I'm comfortable with my reply in that thread. Feel free to comment back.

So it's Friday and time for the the film reviews here on Radio 5 live with me Simon Sligo,

And me, Mark Mywords.

So Mark what have you been watching this week?

Well as you know Simon I love horror movies, and on Tuesday I watched the limited streaming of a movie which I believe joins the pantheon of truly scary movies. Right up there with The Exorcist and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Odd title though, didn't you think?

Well yes. In America it was released under the more accurate title of Zombies, Return of the Living Dead. In truly horrifying 2D. Why they changed it to Tranmere Rovers v Newport County, a Cold night on the Wirral is beyond me. Nonetheless still a classic of it's genre.

Yes Mark I'd agree. And like all truly great horror films it's only later that you realize the terror is all in you head? Nothing actually happened in the 90 minute running time.

No. In fact if I have one tiny criticism of the film it is the running time.

Too long?

About 89 minutes Simon. But nonetheless a truly great horror film, I just hope the follow up, being released Saturday can live up to the anticipation.

What's it called?

'Zombies, They Never Leave Us' was the American title, but here in the UK it's Colchester United v Newport County.

So moving on you also saw .................

If the above doesn't ensure a 9 goal thriller this afternoon, nothing will. :grin:

We are currently commemorating 40 years since little Newport reached the Q/F of the European Cup Winners.Len Ashurst was sacked less than a year after that so his credit ran out quickly.Wasting £140k on two players and poor form did it for him,no loyalty for giving the club their greatest achievement,no job for life.The BOD had to think with their heads not their hearts.