Re: Flynn's new contract

wattsville_boy wrote:I am merely putting forward the idea that the BOD should be using some criteria when deciding to renew a Managers contract. We all support Newport County and we all want the club to grow and progress. Therefore I would imagine many would agree that for a Manager to have a contract extension he has to achieve slightly more than keeping the club in the football league.

So what beyond keeping little Newport County in the football league do people expect the Manager to achieve in order to get a new contract? Surely there has to be some measurement of performance?

I'm not anti-Flynn but his transfer policies produce more misses than hits, there still remains no progress of Academy players into the first team squad and after 4 years in charge the team have no consistency of performance. If County want to play in League 1 then they need to be tight at the back, creative in midfield and deadly in front of goal. They are none of the above even though they are 6th in the division...
Only 4 teams have conceded less than us so I would say we tick the box for being defensively ok. Interestingly Stevenage have conceded less than us but also scored 14 less than us - how dull would it be watching that all season!

Yes AJS an opinion but one not backed up with any facts ?

You can dislike his style and the points you make about the team ( I totally have gripes myself too) and these are your opinion but the facts show that he’s one of our most successful managers ever and on a tiny budget - so you just simply can’t say he’s inept or that he’s not successful , those are disproved by hard facts I’m afraid - but if you want change then yep that’s your opinion.

The NCFC Hippy,
I agree he has had sucess but I feel with some of the players he has had they would have benefitted from a manager with more ideas in his locker. My biggest gripe is the money he has wasted on players who were not used but praised by him as being an enhancement to the team---opinions