Re: Starting today.

Willthiswork wrote:I thought Stan meant that if you correctly predict the same overall result (win, lose or draw) as County you get the same points as County get.

So, if County win 1-0 and you predicted a win (whatever the score you said it would be) you get 3 points.

If they drew and you predicted a draw (whatever the score you said it would be) you would get 1 point.

If they lost and you predicted a loss (whatever the score you said it would be) you would still get no points. Thereby there is no real point in predicting a loss as you won't get any points anyway.

Whatever points County get in the timeframe from when this began to when the season ends is the best score - whoever gets nearest this is the winner.
Your comment about the loss is a bit that I do not understand either. What is the point of predicting a loss? You may as well predict a win or a draw for every game. The only way this would work is if you predicted a win/draw and the County lose, you get deducted points. This would nullify people putting wins/draws all the time. Exasperating. Where is Stan when you need him?

Good Morning

Without a doubt the scoring system as being implemented favours the eternal optimists, hence Jim being top.
The sad miserable gits predicting the occasional loss get no rewards.

I see no reason that the optimistic ones should not be favoured! Well done to them and a mindset that in itself deserves the recognition of points in the table!

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Morning

Without a doubt the scoring system as being implemented favours the eternal optimists, hence Jim being top.
The sad miserable gits predicting the occasional loss get no rewards.

I see no reason that the optimistic ones should not be favoured! Well done to them and a mindset that in itself deserves the recognition of points in the table!

Phil in Northampton
Interesting Phil. I completely agree with your first paragraph but disagree with your second. As you say, good luck to the optimists, but why should the realists be penalised (or not gain advantage) because they predict a loss?

Stan - you have something to answer here mate :grin:

On that note, County 0 v 1 Cambridge.

My original idea was to see how accurate the predictions were.

When this started County had 40 points. They now have 62 points. That is 13 points from 9 games. Therefore the League leader will be someone whose predictions starting with the Colchester away game and ending with lasts night's draw will have predicted 13 points.

Keep safe everybody.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:My original idea was to see how accurate the predictions were.

When this started County had 40 points. They now have 62 points. That is 13 points from 9 games. Therefore the League leader will be someone whose predictions starting with the Colchester away game and ending with lasts night's draw will have predicted 13 points.

Keep safe everybody.

Oh bloody hell, who let you back in :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
When this started County had 40 points. They now have 62 points. That is 13 points from 9 games.
Shouldn't that be 22? :?
Thick finger should have read 49.
Call me Mr Pedant Brendan but it’s 14 points from 9 games and I think we were on 48. :grin:

Good Afternoon

Oh gawd, now it’s even more confusing. A classic case of something being less than the sum of all its parts.
I’m now going to check back all my predictions to see how many points I predicted we would get...

If everyone else could do the same and report back we could formulate another table to compare to Mike’s current one and one based on Stans original rules.

If I missed a week and County lost is that the same as predicting a loss ie no points?

Phil in Northampton