Re: Let's call a truce

UPTHEPORT wrote:Let's just back the lads we can do this :cheers:
Jim we all do and always have done. Here's the thing. No matter how much we love our club, when we are served up absolute shite week in, week out, we're going to call it as we see it. Today was a good performance. Just look at the reaction from the so called 'doom-mongers'.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Re: So then

Regardless of opinions I think this nah nah na nah nah is totally unnecessary.. We are ALL county fans and I for one didn't expect us to be 4th after our recent run.. Nonetheless I'm chuffed to bill hooks with today's result. Brilliant :cheers:

So glad County have rediscovered their form and started winning again, it was long overdue and pretty much everything the ‘nay sayers’ like myself have been resolved - play the ball to feet, more ‘pass & move’, stop continually rotating the front 2, get the midfielders playing with more confidence and contribute more.

If the fans knew what was needed to turn around the declining season, I remain confused as to why it took MF so long to change the approach.

I won’t be crawling back into my shell and maintain MF should have resigned after the 10th or 11th game without a result. Really chuffed he’s turned things round but I would have expected a ‘new manager bounce’ to have got us a few consecutive wins also. 2 seasons running now we’ve had very poor and inconsistent runs and no team will ever win much unless that can be ironed out.

It must really help team morale when your manager tells the press he is looking for 8 new players during the January transfer window.
They must be playing until the window shuts wondering if it's them who will be shown the exit door and replaced.. Coincidence it has happened two seasons in a row?
We were top of the league this season, or there abouts when he said what he did in the press... The results and performances were woeful from the time when he said it and the window shutting.. Good management???

neilcork68 wrote:It must really help team morale when your manager tells the press he is looking for 8 new players during the January transfer window.
They must be playing until the window shuts wondering if it's them who will be shown the exit door and replaced.. Coincidence it has happened two seasons in a row?
We were top of the league this season, or there abouts when he said what he did in the press... The results and performances were woeful from the time when he said it and the window shutting.. Good management???
You may be right or you may be wrong, but why be so negative after such a good performance and result today.

Three wins so,it makes me wonder why he got it so horribly wrong for three months.If we had been just half decent then,we would be well clear at the top by now.Sheehan comes forward only once in a game and creates a goal,why is he still playing deep.Benno is no AM player but Flynny still persists with it.This is a good run but,it needs to be maintained.Play players in their proper positions would help,Ellison another example of that today.

Blackandamber wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:It must really help team morale when your manager tells the press he is looking for 8 new players during the January transfer window.
You may be right or you may be wrong, but why be so negative after such a good performance and result today.

I wasn't being negative, I replied to DeePee's post with possible answers to points he /she raised