Re: So then

neilcork68 wrote:It must really help team morale when your manager tells the press he is looking for 8 new players during the January transfer window.
They must be playing until the window shuts wondering if it's them who will be shown the exit door and replaced.. Coincidence it has happened two seasons in a row?
We were top of the league this season, or there abouts when he said what he did in the press... The results and performances were woeful from the time when he said it and the window shutting.. Good management???

Genuinely can’t remember him saying that mate. If he did that’s a bit strange but the 2 articles from the Gus I can find in December about signing new players when we were top ..

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... oan-stars/

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... n-january/

Does anyone else find it interesting that despite all the comings and goings the crux of our team is still pretty much the same players that started our season.

Personally I think the mass exodus and influx in January unsettled us as it will always take players a while to settle and some invariably will not.

I think we have signed some decent players this January but to expect them to hit the ground running on a pitch not fit for purpose was perhaps a little unfair.
I do like the left back though and think Haines could have a battle on.

Neil Cork not “being negative”? Hilarity has just become surreal. Next we will hear Stan is prepared to stick with the stadium group and fight his corner by arguing his case and not just flouncing off. As Mr Figo has said, Stan has the chance to speak direct to the board but, watch this space.....

Even if MF said we needed players in Jan, everyone knows we're one of the poorest clubs in the division and that we rely on a conveyor belt of loan signings. Pretty sure our core players know MF takes a scattergun approach to transfers with the hope that 10-20% work out.

There will always be fans who want their manager sacked no matter their performances. We're 5 points off top of the league by March, if you'd offered me that in August I'd have snapped your arm off.

neilcork68 wrote: It must really help team morale when your manager tells the press he is looking for 8 new players during the January transfer window.

It's like debating a 12-year-old. What matters is the net number. No-one on a contract lost his employment. We let seven loanees go, only two of whom were a significant loss. We promptly re-signed one, more usefully as a free agent, and that is paying off.

And like every other manager in the game would he shipped out on loan a couple of under-performers and one whose game wasn't suited to current tactics. You could argue he was doing them a favour in giving them a chance to get fixed up ahead of next season.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Totally pathetic behaviour /posts from posters who I expected better of.

If it makes their day better by posting it, so be it... It doesn't affect me in the slightest.
http://www.weareexiles.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=51170

Pot kettle
Neil, I think you are missing the point here. What we are saying is that you only have your opinions when we lose, we never hear from you when we win. We could go on a winning run to the play off final we would not hear from you, lose the final you will be the first to comment.

Re: Let's call a truce

not if the team gives 100% , play as well as they can and are beaten by a better side on the day..
That I can handle.

When you play poor , use poor tactics , create very little and when the same players who look good a few weeks previous suddenly play like park footballers for 3 months . Yes the RP pitch doesnt / didnt help but we were equally as bad away from home.
We showed tactical naivety , lack of leadership and it was everyones fault / everything else going against us but he never blamed himself for his failings...ie team selection , tactics etc

neilcork68 wrote:not if the team gives 100% , play as well as they can and are beaten by a better side on the day..
That I can handle.

When you play poor , use poor tactics , create very little and when the same players who look good a few weeks previous suddenly play like park footballers for 3 months . Yes the RP pitch doesnt / didnt help but we were equally as bad away from home.
We showed tactical naivety , lack of leadership and it was everyones fault / everything else going against us but he never blamed himself for his failings...ie team selection , tactics etc
Come on corky be honest did you expect us to be having such a good season before it started

no but once you set the standard then see it drop so dramatically for almost three months there is a problem.
Players were getting averages of 6 /7/ 8 out of 10 for their displays then suddenly getting 3 / 4 out of 10 during the three months...Why ?
Every team gets blips during a season but the whole squad went through , not a blip , a period of pathetic football for almost three months. . why ?

Didn't see the game so no comment but pleased with the win. However I have concerns that if promoted we will not be up to the standard and will suffer relegation. Players salaries will increase, spends in transfer market, not sure how many of the current squad would progress. Mr Flynn is on an ego trip, if promoted will he command a better club, who knows, but if he wants to stay local only Swindon is a possibilty.
We should view the club as a business, the money made from cup runs should have been bank towards securing the clubs future. We have no home, we do not have money man to bank roll the club. I would like to see a manager who is for the club not himself who can adapt to change and develop the youngsters, that's where we could make more money.
Mr Flynn has I have said on many occasions, wasted money on players who seldom or never played which is not acceptable
Personally I would settled for a mid table finish most seasons until the club has it's own facilities which can be used to bring in an income, and pitch that we could call our own
I have supported the county since 1951 in the welsh league aswell, would hate to see the return of what happened in the eighties.

neilcork68 wrote:no but once you set the standard then see it drop so dramatically for almost three months there is a problem.
Players were getting averages of 6 /7/ 8 out of 10 for their displays then suddenly getting 3 / 4 out of 10 during the three months...Why ?
Every team gets blips during a season but the whole squad went through , not a blip , a period of pathetic football for almost three months. . why ?
Can't put a finger on it mate if I had to guess yes a blip even Liverpool are on one how many home games on a bounce have they lost

Crap happens and it looks like we are back on track

I'm just thankful the board had better sense

ajs wrote:Didn't see the game so no comment but pleased with the win. However I have concerns that if promoted we will not be up to the standard and will suffer relegation. Players salaries will increase, spends in transfer market, not sure how many of the current squad would progress. Mr Flynn is on an ego trip, if promoted will he command a better club, who knows, but if he wants to stay local only Swindon is a possibilty.
We should view the club as a business, the money made from cup runs should have been bank towards securing the clubs future. We have no home, we do not have money man to bank roll the club. I would like to see a manager who is for the club not himself who can adapt to change and develop the youngsters, that's where we could make more money.
Mr Flynn has I have said on many occasions, wasted money on players who seldom or never played which is not acceptable
Personally I would settled for a mid table finish most seasons until the club has it's own facilities which can be used to bring in an income, and pitch that we could call our own
I have supported the county since 1951 in the welsh league aswell, would hate to see the return of what happened in the eighties.
Why is getting relegated back into the league we're in now a fear? If we don't have the money to spend then don't spend it, what is guaranteed is we'll be getting more money from sponsors and ticket sales, Covid permitting.