Re: Let's call a truce

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:no but once you set the standard then see it drop so dramatically for almost three months there is a problem.
Players were getting averages of 6 /7/ 8 out of 10 for their displays then suddenly getting 3 / 4 out of 10 during the three months...Why ?
Every team gets blips during a season but the whole squad went through , not a blip , a period of pathetic football for almost three months. . why ?
Can't put a finger on it mate if I had to guess yes a blip even Liverpool are on one how many home games on a bounce have they lost

Crap happens and it looks like we are back on track

I'm just thankful the board had better sense
Liverpool's slump is IMO down to Klop...
Granted he had injuries at the back but he broke up the best part of their team and played them as centre halfs , signed centre halfs and never play them.
Henderson and Fabinho are midfielders not centre halfs but he played them in defence and broke up the midfield that was the biggest plus point for Liverpool when winning the League.
IMO the same can be said of MF..
He continued to play Willmott out of position when he brought him on , Kept swapping the strikers on a gamely basis , didnt address the lack of creativity we didnt have once Twine went back and reverted to type of last year ( hoofball ) hoping that would work.
Did MF ever play 4 - 4 - 2 with Gambin and Wilmott as wingers during the bad period ? No he stuck with the wingbacks even though at the time they couldnt cross a 't.'.. It didnt work but it took him months to find out.
Fortunately for us Haynes has picked up an injury ( hopefully not too bad) , Lewis comes in and we are a better balanced side down the left...
Maynard was dropped to the bench yesterday , Taylor came in and we look better up front and score 3
Sheehan ventures forward once in the first half and scores...why hasnt he told him to do this previously ?
We have 3 strikers on the pitch with little or no service during games , does he address this ? No he sends on more strikers...some games we have had 5 strikers on the pitch and even Farq playing up front chasing a goal if we were behind, with no decent service coming into the area
Many have been pointing out these things for weeks.
MF is the coach / manager most seem to think will take us on to better things but he couldnt see these simple things ???

Sorry I’m with neilcork68 and agree with his analysis. We needed to change things and we manifestly failed to do so until just lately. I’m glad we’ve begun to turn things around and hopefully the run in will be exciting. I’d also like to know how many minutes Kevin Ellison has spent on the pitch per goal/assist because it seems to me like he’s a valuable addition going forward and I bet it compares favourably to our “ strikers “.

lowandhard wrote:Sorry I’m with neilcork68 and agree with his analysis. We needed to change things and we manifestly failed to do so until just lately. I’m glad we’ve begun to turn things around and hopefully the run in will be exciting. I’d also like to know how many minutes Kevin Ellison has spent on the pitch per goal/assist because it seems to me like he’s a valuable addition going forward and I bet it compares favourably to our “ strikers “.
Of the the strikers presently at the club only Podge has scored more than Kevin Ellison

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
.[/quote wrote:
Of the the strikers presently at the club only Podge has scored more than Kevin Ellison
Notably though, none of our forwards except Abrahams has scored more than defender Dolan.
That’s right, though comparatively Ellison has hardly been on the pitch and when he has been didn’t take any scoreable free kicks/penalties

Neil Cork has summed exactly my feelings on the poor decision making of Mr Flynn, and his inabiltity to change systems. I still think he has wasted good money on bad loan signings, it would have been nice to hear him take responsibility for his poor decision making and not blame others

The lad who joined from WBA and the left a couple of days later with his loan cancelled, probably before he’d even tied up the laces on his training boots, had to be the oddest loan signing for a while?

I can only think he was a ‘Plan B’ who joined before the deal for ‘Plan A’ was confirmed.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I concede we have made some poor loan signings - baffled by Webb, for example - but by the same token last summer we signed arguably the two best loanees we have ever ever had. Where's the credit for that? And if Janneh had stayed fit I think he'd be a fixture in the side.
My guess is that Flynny was hedging his bets.Bring in two promising CB’s from Championship clubs,both are untried.If he signs one,he could have been the wrong one so,sign both and see.Webb may well have been decent but had no chance once Cooper played.

Re: You'd think

UPTHEPORT wrote:We where fighting at the bottom of the league with some posters on here :roll:

FFS cheer up we're a league 2 side not Barcelona and we're still in the mix :grin:
That's a cop out. Being league 2 is no excuse for the lack of tactics and terrible substitutions.

Re: You'd think

Don't forget to brush that sand out of your hair UTP when you stop burying it.. Keep that arse Covered..

Why have we gone from top of the league to where we are now and by the next time we play we could be outside the play offs even though he and the BOD continue to throw money chasing promotion?
Sign players we probably can't afford but see no improvement in displays...