Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Bradford City

[quote="/quote]

Encroachment only comes into play if the player encroaching is involved in a goal[/quote]

Encroachment rules - if an attacking player is in the box before the penalty taker makes contact and a goal is scored - encroachment, kick re-taken.

If the GK is not on or above his line when the kicker makes contact, and GK saves - kick re-taken.

Not sure what happens in either scenario if the kicks puts the ball over or wide.

Dogger wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Whilst PF didn’t have the best of games I’d still start him over Longe King. People will chuckle at this tonight and I’d understand but I think his distribution is much better.
...I thought Lewis was good, but he had to keep turning back into his right. When Haynes is fit, Lewis should have a few games at RWB in place of Shep.
It was noticeable how often Lewis turned around and laid the ball back. In that respect he reminded me a lot of Scott Barrow who used to do the same thing when an opposition player was in front of him. However, Lewis also showed what he was capable of with that run and cross in the first half. It’s early days for him and I (also) thought he looked promising.

Good Afternoon

I often check out the opposing teams match day thread, gives an interesting alternative view of the game. Also makes me think how lucky we are that our forum is so clean and tidy, Bradfords is awash with advertisements.
I wish to congratulate “our Stan”, his insightful comments were worthy of quotation on their forum!

https://bantamtalk.com/index.php?thread ... 95/page-19

Also some amusing if not complimentary comments regarding our beloved commentators!
Outrageous I know! They can be found on a few pages previous to the above link.

Phil in Northampton

Their manager was complaining about the referee on the BBC report but I thought he had a decent game

I think he missed a few fouls for both teams but that is not unusual. If you judge the referee on if he got the big decisions correct then he did

He had 2 big decisions to make and he got them both right, both leading to our goals.

And to call a penalty with only 5 seconds left still takes a lot of courage

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
Dogger wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:Whilst PF didn’t have the best of games I’d still start him over Longe King. People will chuckle at this tonight and I’d understand but I think his distribution is much better.
...I thought Lewis was good, but he had to keep turning back into his right. When Haynes is fit, Lewis should have a few games at RWB in place of Shep.
It was noticeable how often Lewis turned around and laid the ball back. In that respect he reminded me a lot of Scott Barrow who used to do the same thing when an opposition player was in front of him. However, Lewis also showed what he was capable of with that run and cross in the first half. It’s early days for him and I (also) thought he looked promising.
He put in a few good crosses.

Snowman wrote:Their manager was complaining about the referee on the BBC report but I thought he had a decent game

I think he missed a few fouls for both teams but that is not unusual. If you judge the referee on if he got the big decisions correct then he did

He had 2 big decisions to make and he got them both right, both leading to our goals.

And to call a penalty with only 5 seconds left still takes a lot of courage
He did miss a blatant penalty for the shirt pull on Labadie but he did redeem himself in injury time (and his linesman should have helped him out as he couldn't fail to see it)