Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Bradford City

If that happens in the Welsh League then that is disappointing as it is a reasonably high standard of football

Asking the AR to just flag for throws and off sides may make sense in a youth game when the ARs are 14 year old novices but at adult level the AR has good experience and is there to assist the referee. After all that is what Law 6 says.

I have officiated fairly recently at the professional level and what you describe doesn't happen there. Each professional game I officiated in was assessed and a major part of that process is a review of the teamwork between the officials. Assessors would hammer a referee if his pre game instructions told the ARs not to call fouls or penalties

I am sure that the assessor talked about the shirt pull but if you watch the video you will see that Labs was also doing some shirt pulling. Probably less but he was definitely pulling the Bradford players shirt (Go to 7:20)
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/ifollow/latest-videos/

I am sure that this is why the AR didnt flag for the foul. Its hard to penalize when both players are guilty

IMO it would of been a soft penalty if the referee had awarded it.

SULLY34 wrote:Just saw a replay of the tackle on Sheehan to get the freekick......lady luck definitely on our side !!
I've seen two minutes highlights several times but just seen another video on youtube titled The Rodney Recap The Relocation Recap | Bradford City

There's a good showing of the tackle but i can't determine (1) whether Sheehan mis-kicked, causing him to lose his footing (2) whether he was tripped or (3) both numbers 1 + 2.

reebok0165 wrote:
SULLY34 wrote:Just saw a replay of the tackle on Sheehan to get the freekick......lady luck definitely on our side !!
I've seen two minutes highlights several times but just seen another video on youtube titled The Rodney Recap The Relocation Recap | Bradford City

There's a good showing of the tackle but i can't determine (1) whether Sheehan mis-kicked, causing him to lose his footing (2) whether he was tripped or (3) both numbers 1 + 2.
Looks like he completely missed the ball.

reebok0165 wrote:

As an aside, in addition to the highlights of matches provided by Sky/EFL we also do a "Rodney Recap" at home matches of pre-match warm-ups and the main incidents of the match - this is for free viewing on the Club's Youtube channel and I also do an extended highlights "alternative view" video with iFollow commentary which can be seen on the Club's website (click on the three horizontal bars in the top left-hand corner of the home page then "latest videos"). This can be viewed if you're a subscriber to iFollow.

Just in case anyone's interested :grin: :grin: ...

Glyn.
Last edited by glyn on March 10th, 2021, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Snowman wrote:He couldn't of seen the shirt pull from his position but his assistant should of seen it
I've been with Welsh premier ref's who've told us plebs running the line they don't want us doing anything more than flagging for Offsides and throw ins

I'm sure it's the same in the FL it does make you look a fool mind
And it’s absolute bloody nonsense mate, the whole point of the diagonal plan is for linesmen to bring to the refs attention, matters that he’s failed to spot. It’s pure ego for a ref to instruct his assistants like that, it’s “ I know best “, you’re only good enough for in and out of play and offsides.