How many points needed ?

For automatic promotion and also for a play off spot ?
We aren't playing great but have just earned a very good win. Definately push Sheehan further forward.
Mid table form from here on in would see us with around 72 pts which would be enough. I estimate around 81 pts for automatic an around 76 for the play offs.

Re: How many points needed ?

Percy plunkett wrote:With all the top sides dropping points it’s extremely difficult to predict how many points are needed.Cambridge,Cheltenham,Salford losing tonight,just about everyone are inconsistent so just take it game by game.
Although the top sides are dropping points there are several teams just above and below us who are in good form.

landinho wrote:Last 5 seasons teams have needed an average of:

80.2pts for promotion
69.8pts for playoffs

So 16 for playoffs and 26 for promotion.

Amond was right in saying playoffs should be bare minimum.
Interesting those but this season as I stated in another thread no one seems to want it this season teams are throwing points away normally one possibility two sides are running away with it this time of the season

I personally think the points needed this season could be lower

UPTHEPORT wrote:
landinho wrote:Last 5 seasons teams have needed an average of:

80.2pts for promotion
69.8pts for playoffs

So 16 for playoffs and 26 for promotion.

Amond was right in saying playoffs should be bare minimum.
Interesting those but this season as I stated in another thread no one seems to want it this season teams are throwing points away normally one possibility two sides are running away with it this time of the season

I personally think the points needed this season could be lower
My initial thoughts were the same,but looking at the current table and calculating based on points per game earn to date suggest :-
81 required for promotion and 73 for playoffs.

That's the current top ten in the table, however, the next three, Crawley Bradford and Carlisle would leapfrog Harrogate because of games in hand. Carlisle are of course on a downwards trajectory whilst Harrogate are doing the opposite. Wonder what a 'last ten games' table looks like.

Edit: Here it is.
1. Bolton 26
2. Tranmere 22
3. Bradford 22
4. Cheltenham 22
5. Harrogate 21
6. FGR 20
7. Stevenage 17
8. Exeter 17
9. Cambridge 16
10. Scunthorpe 16

wattsville_boy wrote:
Coxy wrote:For automatic promotion and also for a play off spot ?
We aren't playing great but have just earned a very good win. Definately push Sheehan further forward.
Mid table form from here on in would see us with around 72 pts which would be enough. I estimate around 81 pts for automatic an around 76 for the play offs.
https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/leag ... /predicted

Hope this helps.. :grin:
Interesting. Compared to my working out of 69pts for promotion it shows how many teams are going to be in the mix