Re: I follow recently

Thanks for the replies so far, but, my major issue is the fact that the stream I get is sometimes three and a half minutes behind what is actually happening. Bloody annoying, and I don’t think that can be classed as ‘live’. Just trying to get a view of how it was from CCS last night.

rodneyboy wrote:
Amberexile wrote:The EFL sent out a survey to subscribers recently seeking feedback on the service. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who commented on the annoying replays often of inconsequential play being shown at inappropriate times.

I did get the impression from the questions asked that they are considering whether the current service in the UK should be continued when fans return to matches next season.
I filled out that survey as well and mentioned about the annoying replays. Hopefully if enough fans complain they will take note.
My reading of that survey was that they don't give a ha'penny jizz about fans' experiences of the service. What they wanted (hence the leading questions) is for fans to say they want access to iFollow to continue post-pandemic (ie, an end to the Saturday 3pm blackout on fixtures being screened). Frankly, if the Football League allow it then it will be a massive abrogation of their duty to help clubs (especially those in Divs 3 and 4) to get fans through the gate - but I would put my house on them waving it through. Anything to help the 'bigger' clubs and to try and ape what they see happening in the top flight.

pembsexile wrote:Thanks for the replies so far, but, my major issue is the fact that the stream I get is sometimes three and a half minutes behind what is actually happening. Bloody annoying, and I don’t think that can be classed as ‘live’. Just trying to get a view of how it was from CCS last night.
Have you emailed them Mike they always reply in fact the Walsall away game I got a full refund you never know

It was delayed last night, every game has been for me, some worse than others. I just accept I cant look at my phone when watching the game (or only after i see a goal on screen).

Last night was Ok in at least when County scored the ifollow notification on my phone came afterwards, usually its the other way round.

BT sport and Sky Go is the same for me too, if watching via the sky box obviously its fine but if using the apps on my tablets Sky is usually 30 seconds behind, but BT was easily 3/4 mins behind last night watching the Juve game.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Thanks for the replies so far, but, my major issue is the fact that the stream I get is sometimes three and a half minutes behind what is actually happening. Bloody annoying, and I don’t think that can be classed as ‘live’. Just trying to get a view of how it was from CCS last night.
Have you emailed them Mike they always reply in fact the Walsall away game I got a full refund you never know
No, I haven’t emailed them Jim. I suspect that it is an inherent problem that they can’t/won’t sort out. I just wondered if there was any difference with the fact that it was coming from the CCS. If it was better, I’ll probably get the next ‘home’ game from there and then reconsider my options when we are back at RP. I just find it incredibly annoying.

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
No, I haven’t emailed them Jim. I suspect that it is an inherent problem that they can’t/won’t sort out. I just wondered if there was any difference with the fact that it was coming from the CCS. If it was better, I’ll probably get the next ‘home’ game from there and then reconsider my options when we are back at RP. I just find it incredibly annoying.
It's strange I commented on grandstand last night the the game was the first I watched without a delay strange

I am having no problem at all with Ifollow (apart from the annoying replays ). The problems of delayed broadcasts and buffering sound to me like broadband problems. You will not receive problem free Ifollow if your broadband is not fast enough. There is nothing the EFL can do, you have to fix it yourself.

There is a speedchecker at checker.ofcom.org.uk/broadband-test This will tell you if you have a problem.

Blackandamber wrote:It doesn't bother me if iFollow has a slight delay I usually just watch the game and catch up on MB comments later. I sometimes pause the live stream if something urgent occurs, like when I've had too much tea.
Fully understand. You don’t really want an ‘ I Follow Through’ scenario do you?

G Guest wrote:I am having no problem at all with Ifollow (apart from the annoying replays ). The problems of delayed broadcasts and buffering sound to me like broadband problems. You will not receive problem free Ifollow if your broadband is not fast enough. There is nothing the EFL can do, you have to fix it yourself.

There is a speedchecker at checker.ofcom.org.uk/broadband-test This will tell you if you have a problem.
No problem at all with my home internet speed. Just been watching the LFC v Leipzig game on my iPad. It’s half time now and when the game (ht) finished, at the same time I had an instantaneous response from my LFC app to say the score at half time was 0-0.

20mb/s btw. That’s download, not upload.

pembsexile wrote:
G Guest wrote:I am having no problem at all with Ifollow (apart from the annoying replays ). The problems of delayed broadcasts and buffering sound to me like broadband problems. You will not receive problem free Ifollow if your broadband is not fast enough. There is nothing the EFL can do, you have to fix it yourself.

No problem at all with my home internet speed. Just been watching the LFC v Leipzig game on my iPad. It’s half time now and when the game (ht) finished, at the same time I had an instantaneous response from my LFC app to say the score at half time was 0-0.

20mb/s btw. That’s download, not upload.
My download speed is registering 25.6 Mpbs and I watch on android tablet and firestick. I don't know whether the extra 6 Mpbs would make a difference. I have though seen advice that you need about 25 for streaming high definition video.