Two EFL Trophy finals

Saturday 13th:
Portsmouth v Salford.
For those of you with short memories and / or weren't aware of this final from last season taking place this coming weekend, this final could easily have been a fifth visit to Wembley for County  in almost nine years, but for the fact Salford beat County 6-5 via penalties at Rodney Parade after a goalless ninety minutes in last seasons semi.

May 2012 York City
May 2013 Wrexham
February 2018 Tottenham
May 2019 Tranmere

I hope Pompey win as i detest Salford manager Wellens. Pompey lost the 2019 final via penalties after 2-2 with Sunderland over ninety minutes.
So, instead of a trip to Wembley, it's a trip up to Morecambe for County.
Would you have preferred the chance of some silverware for County or concentrate fully on the league

Sunday 14th:
Sunderland v Tranmere:
A chance for Sunderland to win the trophy for the second time in three seasons.
Since 1989 / 1990, this will be an eighth visit to Wembley for Tranmere, including their L2 play-off final with County in 2019.

Re: Two EFL Trophy finals

Brownyboy wrote:
reebok0165 wrote:Pompey lost the 2019 final via penalties after 2-2 with Sunderland over ninety minutes.
Didnt Pompey win? I remember watching this game on that Netflix series on Sunderland, as they also lost in the playoff final the same year.
They did indeed, got it confused with the play-off semi with both the same clubs

KingOfGwent wrote:Nice to see a good, well-supported club finally getting some silverware. These days you see a lot of bankrolled rich teams getting silverware but it's nice to know that that isn't the cas...

Oh.
Well, i hate Salford boss Wellens so hope this win interrupts their league play-off hopes

reebok0165 wrote:Salford City have won the 2019-20 Papa John's Trophy!
4-2 penaties

Their time as champions lasts 24 hours........

Gutted x2

It should have been us there

Why Salford..... Anyone else but them... Wellens, Neville, Butt, Giggs and Beckham will be full of it now.. Expect another series on BBC about it given their love in for them

reebok0165 wrote:
KingOfGwent wrote:Nice to see a good, well-supported club finally getting some silverware. These days you see a lot of bankrolled rich teams getting silverware but it's nice to know that that isn't the cas...

Oh.
Well, i hate Salford boss Wellens so hope this win interrupts their league play-off hopes
Certainly in agreement with you on this.