Re: Grandstand: Morecambe v Exiles

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Think I'm going to knock one out!
Ooer Matron! Make sure you’ve got a box of tissues handy.

Reminds me of an old joke - Beckham just joined Man Utd and it’s half-time in his debut. He’s walking off the pitch towards the changing rooms with Giggs who says “I’ve been rubbish first half, I think Fergie’s gonna pull me off at half-time”. Beckham says “Wow, at my last club they just gave us a drink and orange segments in the interval, we get looked after here at United then?”
I thought that was a Rodney Marsh and Alf Ramsay anecdote from one of his England appearances.

I"m man enough to face up to the children of all ages gloating on here
I haven't posted anything yet as I have been watching a wonderful game of Rugby watching England beating France.

I hope because I love my club I am eating humble pie come the seasons end and proved wrong but I will stand by my posts of MF deserved to be sacked IMO because of 3months of dross and pathetic results

Gloat as much as you think you need to to make yourself feel better with the value of hindsight but I still stick to my posts, believe I was correct and irrelevant of how many childish posts you put up, there was a lot of other fans calling for his head... And, IMO justified.

PortandSud wrote:

Irrelevant of what went on during his final few months at Morecambe I feel it is poor from him by doing what he did after scoring.I understand he was probably peed off with their manager, frustrated and angry by his treatment but he should be experienced and professional enough to rise above it..
Even though he may feel he was shunned and cast aside Morecambe Fc were his employers and continued to pay his contract until it ended. He let the football club down because the manager didn't want him or he didn't figure in his plans
He already had the last laugh by scoring against them and denting their promotion challenge whilst helping ours..
I can see an FA enquiry, fine and possibly a 1 game ban coming his way if the ref mentions it in his report

neilcork68 wrote:I"m man enough to face up to the children of all ages gloating on here
I haven't posted anything yet as I have been watching a wonderful game of Rugby watching England beating France.

I hope because I love my club I am eating humble pie come the seasons end and proved wrong but I will stand by my posts of MF deserved to be sacked IMO because of 3months of dross and pathetic results

Gloat as much as you think you need to to make yourself feel better with the value of hindsight but I still stick to my posts, believe I was correct and irrelevant of how many childish posts you put up, there was a lot of other fans calling for his head... And, IMO justified.
I think it’s a case of foresight rather than hindsight. Every (full) season under Flynn, to a greater or lesser degree, we’ve struggled in winter and recovered in spring.

neilcork68 wrote:I"m man enough to face up to the children of all ages gloating on here

It’s not hindsight Neil, a few of us thought Flynny would turn it around and he has. You called for his head when we went through a bad patch and yet Flynny then got us to the play off final.
You keep saying how poor a manager he is, how poor our forwards & midfielders are and yet expect us to be walking the league??
For all the ‘dross’ we were served up for three months we’ve still only lost 9 games out of 34, that’s pretty damn good and only 3 other teams have lost fewer so far.

Percy plunkett wrote:The old fella played in his proper position today,wide on the left and pushing on to support the front two and it worked.Flynny has used him as an out and out striker most of the time and it didn’t work so leave him there as a impact player.
Still shows an ability to find space for himself, although admittedly Morecambe were throwing men forward looking for an equaliser.
As for his reaction to their manager, if the stories are true about him making Kev train on his own and refusing to even name him on the subs bench although they didn't have enough players to fill their commitment; this on the face of it shows disrespect and a lack of integrity on the managers part. Will not criticise the man for his reaction.

Blackandamber wrote:IMO this was our best performance and result of the season. Same again Tuesday please.
Certainly a very important and heartwarming win. Expect a tough battle Tuesday, against a team now fighting for their League survival.
Congratulations to the management also for introducing the right subs at the right time today who combined to score the all important 3rd goal. Seems to me it's always a roll of the dice when using subs, barring injury of course, with no guarantee of a positive outcome. Unfortunately it seems at every club there will always be a few who will pillory the manger with avarice for his decision when it doesn't change the game.
Noticed today that Lewis and Demetriou interchange positions on a number of occasions allowing Mickey to play the ball quickly from out wide with his left foot instead of Lewis turning back inside to play with his preferred right foot. Is this an example of the mangers tactical awareness or just luck?