Re: No Loan Players in Starting X1

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... rt-county/

Regarding comments of signing youth players, yes there is competion and without a permanent home, club house, and training facilities would not be a first choice even if they lived in Newport or surrounding areas. Newport county are not an attractive proposition for this reason plus there's little evidence of academy players given a chance to shine.

Mr Flynn wastes money in an attempt to raise his stock so he can be off to pastures new.

ajs wrote:https://salarysport.com/football/sky-be ... rt-county/

Regarding comments of signing youth players, yes there is competion and without a permanent home, club house, and training facilities would not be a first choice even if they lived in Newport or surrounding areas. Newport county are not an attractive proposition for this reason plus there's little evidence of academy players given a chance to shine.

Mr Flynn wastes money in an attempt to raise his stock so he can be off to pastures new.
What a crock of sh@t.

ajs wrote:You missed the point, loan players not permanent signings.

Having had a quick look around that website, I think what you'll find that the salary quoted for loan players is the salary they are estimated to be paid by their home club, not an estimate of what the proportion of their wages being paid for the club they are loaned to.

For example, if you look at Crawley Town, this says that Jake Hesketh is being paid £10,000 a week. I can imagine that Southampton may be paying that amount to a young player who has been sent out on loan for the last few seasons without getting a sniff of their first team in that period but I doubt Crawley are paying that to a player that struggles to make their first team squad in League 2.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:I think that site is a crock of poop. Can't see players like Amond, Demetriou and Bennett on less than £1k a week.
I did have the same thought.Aaron Collins is said to be on £2500 a week and is FGR’s highest earner.If true,his agent must be brilliant.
People believe this stuff unbelievable Jeff

Will be interesting to see if any of the young talent get an opportunity once we know where we will finish during the run in, examples are
1) secure promotion automatically
2) secure playoff place, could rest key players
3) miss play offs
Bare in mind the majority of the squad is out of contract at conclusion of season