Re: King and Sheehan called up

wattsville_boy wrote:As they should be. I hope that they both see some action in the Mexico friendly sandwiched between the two WC qualifying matches. Ideal time to have a look at the "fringe" squad players in what would be a difficult friendly...
I was surprised that King didn’t get a game against USA,especially as only Ward was available as Hennessy and Davies were injured and,he could have got a knock meaning King would have been thrown in cold for a qualifier.

Percy plunkett wrote:Gambin in the Malta squad means that the Scunthorpe game will be off.Not sure if that is good or bad,it would mean another midweek game,possibly Tuesday,Thursday or Monday,Wednesday.It could be good in as could we ask Cardiff and EFL to play more away from RP,this was scheduled for RP.
2 free Tuesday available for re-scheduling. 27th April and 4th May (star wars day). Extremely unlikely to be at Cardiff I would have thought.

Percy plunkett wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:As they should be. I hope that they both see some action in the Mexico friendly sandwiched between the two WC qualifying matches. Ideal time to have a look at the "fringe" squad players in what would be a difficult friendly...
I was surprised that King didn’t get a game against USA,especially as only Ward was available as Hennessy and Davies were injured and,he could have got a knock meaning King would have been thrown in cold for a qualifier.
Has it ever happened before that all 4 of the Welsh keepers selected are not playing for their club teams?

Percy plunkett wrote:Gambin in the Malta squad means that the Scunthorpe game will be off.Not sure if that is good or bad,it would mean another midweek game,possibly Tuesday,Thursday or Monday,Wednesday.It could be good in as could we ask Cardiff and EFL to play more away from RP,this was scheduled for RP.
I was just thinking before I came on here about games potentially being off. Earlier in the season wasn't it because of two players also in the Wales U21 squad - Collins and Lewis. No U21 squad this time but Lewis is now too old. Didn't think of Gambin...