Newport County/ Newport AFC/ Newport County AFC : The Trilog

As I try to fall asleep around midnight I pick one of the 3 segments of our history as I see it: I started watching the County around 1960 but the first game I really recall was the Sheffield Wednesday 1963-64 win with the Bonson and Hunt goals. I list the grounds which I went to with my Dad, friends ,coaches ,trains etc and there are some great and bizarre memories not least the Southampton Gerald King match and the 0_2 reverse at Bournemouth when I failed to find the coach several hours after; the reality of our demise in 1989 shocked me to the core.
I don't regard the second segment of our history as 'dark 'at all; I thoroughly enjoyed our ' non league days' and was probably even more fervent in support and involvement than before or since. I recall with pride that my son was the first away mascot for the AFC (Bridgnorth). What about the atmosphere at Evesham and our 6-0 wins at Bloxwich and Odd Down? Did Jason Perry have to concede that penalty at Blackpool?
Now in phase 3 it's ' sitting up nicely' (notwithstanding the ground situation: Stan is right) but we must be ambitious.Ours is a wonderful story and can get better and better.