Re: JOE LEDLEY JOINS

Neil, is this your thinking?

Top scorers are vital members of any team.
Abrahams is our top scorer.
Therefore Abrahams is a vital member of our team.

Have you considered that actually he was a pretty poor excuse for a top scorer and that Flynn sought to address our goal scoring issues, albeit unsuccessfully?

In his interview on the County website Ledley states he’s a winner and I think he is. I don’t see him as someone coming to the County for a final pay-off. I think he’ll demand high standards of himself and the players around him. Hopefully he can adjust his expectations to the level he’s now at, and avoid showing frustration.

JonD wrote:Neil, is this your thinking?

Have you considered that actually he was a pretty poor excuse for a top scorer and that Flynn sought to address our goal scoring issues, albeit unsuccessfully?

NO, irrelevant of who is playing striker MF hasnt addressed the fact that they get very little service.
Amond has a fairly decent scoring ratio throughout his career but has had very poor service this year hence his goals to games ratio, give him and Abrahams better service and they may have done better. Dont address the problem and it stays they same whoever is upfront. The strikers he brought in to address the problem , although they may be part of the problem they too have had poor service, hence poor returns in the goals chart

Steve_ wrote:Very good player and well worth the gamble, not sure how fit he is but can see him playing a key role in the push for promotion.

Midfield is the area we struggle and a player of his quality will give the team a lift

If he can inspire the team to promotion then the wages are neither here or there

Welcome Joe, and get us out of this league!
I agree with every word there Steve. JL will be a big morale boost going into the business end of the season and if this signing works then it’s worth the outlay. Well done MF and the board for this coup.

neilcork68 wrote:
JonD wrote:Neil, is this your thinking?

NO, irrelevant of who is playing striker MF hasnt addressed the fact that they get very little service.
Agreed.

So would you agree that losing Abrahams really hasn't hurt the side?

IMO No, losing him hasn't hurt the side but who knows if he could have been a better player / scored more goals if he had been given better service ???
Amond scored goals when he got service, this year he is struggling with none
Replacing them with Maynard or Telford because of the lack of service they get hasn't helped either. Address the problem of lack of service, not replace failing players without sorting it would be better , wouldn't it ? .

My view is that we are not going to get much from him as a player because he is a crock.However,he presence will give the players a lift so that’s a plus.Is he going for one last shot at making the Euro squad,he would have to play most of our games to prove his fitness which is unlikely.He is a DM player so,will Josh finally get pushed forward,another plus.

Percy plunkett wrote:My view is that we are not going to get much from him as a player because he is a crock.However,he presence will give the players a lift so that’s a plus.Is he going for one last shot at making the Euro squad,he would have to play most of our games to prove his fitness which is unlikely.He is a DM player so,will Josh finally get pushed forward,another plus.
Sheehan has played that low lying role for 2 seasons with mostly great reward so sending him further forward is not necessarily the answer. He needs somone to link up with so hopefully Ledley can be the foil