Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Leyton Orient

A disasterclass from Flynn. We are on top and then he decides to bring on Ledley for Dolan and not for one of the midfielders. We then quickly lose a goal. Then instead of saying we are on top, keep it going and we can get back in it, he does his usual panic of throwing on all subs and we lose shape and create not one more chance. To say I'm cheesed off is an understatement.

Ugo. wrote:A disasterclass from Flynn. We are on top and then he decides to bring on Ledley for Dolan and not for one of the midfielders. We then quickly lose a goal. Then instead of saying we are on top, keep it going and we can get back in it, he does his usual panic of throwing on all subs and we lose shape and create not one more chance. To say I'm cheesed off is an understatement.
Disasterclass,brilliant description.

Collars wrote:5 subs is the worst thing that’s happened to us this season cos Flynny doesn’t think he can make a single change any more. Wholesale changes every time and there’s nothing coherent about it.
Exactly this. Flynn thinks he needs to use them all every time. Changing half the team every game doesn't work.

It must have been in the contract when he signed that Maynard has to play every game when fit...How else can MF continue to use a non scoring striker who has mugged us off searching for his last pay day ?
Mansfield didnt want him even though they very near the bottom of the league when we signed him... Why ?
Look at the Mansfield Forum . Hardly any of their fans were upset that Clough got rid of him.. Why ?

Dogger wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Trev wrote:Big clearout in summer regardless of the next 12 games
I hope not. Even if we don't make it this season, we've been a side who have been around or above the playoffs for much of the season. We should of course seek to improve further, but it would be madness to throw the baby out with the bathwater. We're a creative midfielder and a reliable striker off having a promotion-winning side, in my view - especially if DLK and Farquharson continue to improve.
Farquharson hasn’t improved. His form has gone backwards since he broke into the team. Now looks an absolute liability. Cost us goals against Tranmere, Bradford & today.
Totally agree with this, he certainly looks lower quality then the rest

neilcork68 wrote:It must have been in the contract when he signed that Maynard has to play every game when fit...How else can MF continue to use a non scoring striker who has mugged us off searching for his last pay day ?
Mansfield didnt want him even though they very near the bottom of the league when we signed him... Why ?
Look at the Mansfield Forum . Hardly any of their fans were upset that Clough got rid of him.. Why ?
Desperation deadline day signing I think Neil.

That was crap particularly second half. Glimpses of some tidy football first half but overall poor.
Flynn needs to change things up - far too conservative especially at home. Against a team today who have won once in past 2 months and we have the usual 3 CBs and defence minded Labadie and Bennett. Can’t play Labs and Bennett together, need creativity in either Gambin or Sheehan. If Dolan brings the ball out then Sheehan just clogs up the midfield in front of him. Fatigue setting in too so must mix things up a bit. Like the look of Lewis, trouble is he can’t make use of the space and skill he has to beat a man cos he can’t cross with his left foot. Would get Haynes back in if fit and replace Shep with Lewis. Get Gambin in midfield or a no. 10 with Labs, Sheehan and Ledley in midfield. Mix and match strikers to keep them fresh. DLK in for Farky for a game or two and give King a go also.
We are still in the mix but not if status quo remains. Shit or bust, need 2 pts per game from last 10 - may sneak into autos with 77, def 4th or 5th in play offs. 2 week break to regroup and go again.

Collars wrote:5 subs is the worst thing that’s happened to us this season cos Flynny doesn’t think he can make a single change any more. Wholesale changes every time and there’s nothing coherent about it.
Spot on, the mass bringing on of strikers rarely works. Just destabilises the team and lets the opposition overun us in midfield. Teams with good defences just lap up the aimless balls at our line of strikers. Drives me mad every time and he does it every game these days.