Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Leyton Orient

Whilst I haven’t been or are in the MF out camp I am becoming more and more exacerbated with our inept performances.
This continual back passing is getting us nowhere.
You don’t score going backwards.
Sheehan just passes it backwards most of the time scared to lose it going forward and then even worse loses it going backwards.
When we are passing it backwards or forwards our players are either static or it is behind them.
Bennet too slow.
Labs another booking surprise surprise.
MF says we’ve had a tough 4 away games so why not rotate the squad.
What does Ashley Baker need to do or Jack Evans to get in the side.
And as for Collins and Woodiwiss not much point being in the squad.

I would rather see us run with the ball into the box just like Twine did for us and get tackled at least he tried.

And I don’t want to hear anymore excuses about RP because we were just as inept on a perfect surface.

As always up the port and I will be watching again after the international break not that it will do us much good.

For the second game running we played one great quarter out of four and three shockers and surrendered the initiative from the outset. I don't think their keeper touched the ball in the first 15 minutes, during which time one of our players committed five fouls or it might have been six. I thought the goal stood because the ball hit one of ours before it reached the far post.

The new sporting director's hands will be full, but I'm quite excited by the idea.

Don’t really get this ‘Flynn’ doesn’t give youth a chance’ ethos. We are in a results business and haven’t got time , especially at present, to bed youngsters in, who really has come through our ranks and made it ? Yes, there are a few knocking about but you would hardly call them regulars. The current crop , Lewis Collins has had a few opportunities but has he really delivered , Woodiwiss has looked good but only played in Papa Johns cup, which is definitely not league 2 football and Twamley the same but these are 17/18 year olds and you never see that age playing regular first team football in league 2. The saving grace as mentioned in yesterday’s programme by GF is the possibility of a development squad for next season , this is a massive step forward by our club in securing a better pathway to first team football for our youngsters , if Collins, Woodiwiss, Twamley & the rest are good enough, get them in there for 12/18 months and bring them through properly

George Street-Bridge wrote:For the second game running we played one great quarter out of four and three shockers and surrendered the initiative from the outset. I don't think their keeper touched the ball in the first 15 minutes, during which time one of our players committed five fouls or it might have been six. I thought the goal stood because the ball hit one of ours before it reached the far post.

The new sporting director's hands will be full, but I'm quite excited by the idea.
Agree with all of the above. Massively frustrating and depressing watching us at present, especially so given our great start to the season, being top until the turn of the year, and the inconsistencies within games and from game to game.
Yesterday I recall 1 decent delivery into the box from which we hit the post. From the remainder of the game I recall Shepard, Lewis, Sheehan. Dolan and Gambin all fail miserably to deliver anything resembling a delivery worthy of a professional footballer.
The players have to take responsibility for that failure, because we have all seen occasions when they are capable of so much better. It's not managerial tactics that is mishitting the ball.
I would like to make It clear, however, that I am not defending or excusing any of the managerial tactics (whatever they are?), use of substitutions, team selections, or player recruitments.
Yet still anything is possible with 10 games to go? Good Friday I believe is our next game. Lets hope nobody gets 'crucified' afterwards.

I guess that if the press asked searching questions they would be banned from future press conferences - how about:
Are you satisfied with the performance of Maynard are the club getting value for money.
Are you satisfied with the performance of Telford - what role do you see for him - how can you get him more involved in the game.
Why is Baker not in team / match day squad when by your admission poor decisions are been made by Shepherd.
Why was Evans signed on a short term contract if he is not good enough to make match day squad.
What has happened to Lewis Collins another player who may have the creativity the team so lacks.
Do you think you have done the best thing for the club and it’s financial future with the signings during and since January.