4-4-2

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Special branch

4-4-2

Postby Special branch » March 31st, 2021, 10:17 pm

Not a formation but a cautious or maybe optimistic prediction of our last 10 matches taking us to 73 points. Will this be enough for 7th place? Four of those matches are against teams in the top 8. Exeter appear to be the main rivals.
no avatar
User

Collars

Re: 4-4-2

Postby Collars » April 1st, 2021, 9:26 am

Special branch wrote:Not a formation but a cautious or maybe optimistic prediction of our last 10 matches taking us to 73 points. Will this be enough for 7th place? Four of those matches are against teams in the top 8. Exeter appear to be the main rivals.

A big decider will be the 6 pointer away to Exeter. In reality they should be the only ones capable of sneaking into the playoffs. Others should be too far behind but with our topsy-turvy season who knows!
no avatar
User

Special branch

Postby Special branch » April 1st, 2021, 7:35 pm

My predictions re the 10 remaining matches don't include any away defeats and start with a win at Barrow (2-0).
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » April 1st, 2021, 7:38 pm

We'll make the top 3.

Believe it, make it happen.
no avatar
User

Special branch

Postby Special branch » April 8th, 2021, 7:29 pm

My 4 4 2 is still on though I preidicted reverse results for Barrow and Bolton. Tomorrow I had earmarked as a draw and would take that though I feel that we will win. Midfield is still the key. Play Gambin for at least part of the game.