Labadie yellow card conundrum

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

phil_in_npton

Labadie yellow card conundrum

Postby phil_in_npton » April 5th, 2021, 4:37 pm

Good evening

If I have read correctly, Labadie is one yellow away from a suspension.
I haven’t looked at the order of fixtures to come but are we/he/Flynny in a position now to choose which games to miss?
Get the suspension sooner to rule it out in vital last few games? Or play carefully and aim it at “easier” games?
Or does it make no difference because he will get booked next game anyway?

And how many games is the suspension going to be, anyone know?

Phil in Northampton
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Labadie yellow card conundrum

Postby UPTHEPORT » April 5th, 2021, 4:39 pm

Whers the Gwent senior cup when you need it :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

faerun exile

Postby faerun exile » April 5th, 2021, 4:50 pm

I think Labadie is ok - unless laws have changed there is normally a number of games to have 10 yellows by which I think is 30. 15 yellows by game 38 I think so again ok on that count.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » April 5th, 2021, 5:16 pm

faerun exile wrote:I think Labadie is ok - unless laws have changed there is normally a number of games to have 10 yellows by which I think is 30. 15 yellows by game 38 I think so again ok on that count.

Ten cards threshold is, I think, 37 games, so he's in the clear. Don't forget the red card suspension took Labs three matches closer to the cut off point while he sat on the naughty step.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » April 5th, 2021, 5:21 pm

Night follows day and bookings follow Labs.He is unable to stop himself,we are fighting to hold out in injury time,what does the captain do,make an unnecessary challenge and get booked and,give them a free hit into our box.A bit like the scarecrow song in Wizard of Oz.