Re: Grandstand: Mansfield v Exiles

Amberexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Amberexile wrote:At the 39 games mark, this is our best season since we got back into the football league, albeit only on goal difference from 2014/15.

That season we fell apart picking up just 4 points from our final 7 games.

We are currently 5 points and 17 goals in goal difference ahead of our 2018/19 season at this 39 games stage.

In 2018/19 we picked up 15 points from our last 7 games W4 D3 L0 to scrape into the playoffs by a single point.
Not too shabby then?
If we do a 14/15 we are out of it.
If we do an 18/19 we are playoffs no problem.
We will probably do somewhere in between just so that I can bore people with these types of numbers for a bit longer.
Not boring at all mate. I love the discussions about how many points we will get/need etc. At this stage of the season we have enough info’ to make an educated guess based on the past 39/40 games. However, it is still only an educated guess.

Earlier this week I stated that 74 points may be enough for 7th place. Given Fridays result and yesterday’s bag of nails of results I may have to revise that number. We will see what happens on Tuesday.

The following pack seem to be ganging up on us but the four in front of us are stuttering. Fascinating stuff. Cmon the County.