Re: Grandstand: Mansfield v Exiles

Exile 1976 wrote:In the end it’s a decent point away from home when we certainly weren’t at our best
When were we last at our best - the team is hanging on all the time - defence good - nothing in midfield, which gives nothing to the forwards who take the blame. I think on paper we have a decent squad - Flynn needs to get them to play and get the tactics right - was Twine really that good that he could carry a whole team?

County ranger wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:In the end it’s a decent point away from home when we certainly weren’t at our best
When were we last at our best - the team is hanging on all the time - defence good - nothing in midfield, which gives nothing to the forwards who take the blame. I think on paper we have a decent squad - Flynn needs to get them to play and get the tactics right - was Twine really that good that he could carry a whole team?

We haven’t been at our best for a while, but when we’re beating Bolton and drawing away to Mansfield, (where we have a shite record) and STILL in the play offs, things really aren’t all that bad.

County ranger wrote:
Agree with all this, since December week in week out I find myself just relieved or frustrated rarely if ever happy with team selection tactics etc! That said would've been happy with a point before KO tonight so on to Tuesday let's go again with a tad more attacking flair please UTC

Blackandamber wrote:First ever point at Mansfield since getting back into the Football League, so quite relieved, although on balance of play we didn't deserve it.

Is Labadie suspended for Tuesday's game? If so please start with Gambin. Also Ledley is not up to it.
Some good points, Ledley is anonymous and I was looking forward to seeing him play. I can't see Gambin starting for us but a Sheehan Gambin Labadie does look more balanced. Not sure that home draws will do us any favours so we need some creativity / positivity in the middle.

JonD wrote:That looked a foul on Shephard just prior to their goal.

Given how pernickety the ref was throughout the match that was something I fully expected him to blow for.
Didn’t see it - players need to be stronger too many of our team like falling over rather than manning up - refs get to know this it does us no favours - Flynn needs to sort this out.

Blackandamber wrote:First ever point at Mansfield since getting back into the Football League, so quite relieved, although on balance of play we didn't deserve it.

Is Labadie suspended for Tuesday's game? If so please start with Gambin. Also Ledley is not up to it.
No Labs not suspended Tuesday. Has known for weeks that he'll not be suspended which prob explains his cavalier approach of late.
5 bookings by week 19 = 1 game suspension
10 bookings by week 32 = 2 game suspension
15 bookings by week 38 = 3 game suspension

faerun exile wrote:

No Labs not suspended Tuesday. Has known for weeks that he'll not be suspended which prob explains his cavalier approach of late.
5 bookings by week 19 = 1 game suspension
10 bookings by week 32 = 2 game suspension
15 bookings by week 38 = 3 game suspension
How many bookings has he had and what week number are we in?

County ranger wrote:
JonD wrote:That looked a foul on Shephard just prior to their goal.

Given how pernickety the ref was throughout the match that was something I fully expected him to blow for.
Didn’t see it - players need to be stronger too many of our team like falling over rather than manning up - refs get to know this it does us no favours - Flynn needs to sort this out.
Agree with this. Thought that some of the fouls the ref didn't give us tonight was a result of pre-conceived ideas that some of our players are looking for them, and gave Mansfield free-kicks they didn't deserve. Not that this was the reason we didn't win the game.
Believe that Shephard is our weakest link defensively' seemingly less able than Lewis at getting tight to his opposite number, thus allowing him more time and space to deliver a telling cross or pass. Haynes should come back into the reckoning if he is fit.