Re: Grandstand: Mansfield v Exiles

faerun exile wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:First ever point at Mansfield since getting back into the Football League, so quite relieved, although on balance of play we didn't deserve it.

Is Labadie suspended for Tuesday's game? If so please start with Gambin. Also Ledley is not up to it.
No Labs not suspended Tuesday. Has known for weeks that he'll not be suspended which prob explains his cavalier approach of late.
5 bookings by week 19 = 1 game suspension
10 bookings by week 32 = 2 game suspension
15 bookings by week 38 = 3 game suspension
I believe these figures are incorrect as they are refer to Premier League suspensions. For League Two, the numbers are 19 and 37 and I suppose 46 matches for 15 yellows gets a three match ban to start the next season.

Fair result against a team who have drawn 19 league games out of 41. Crafty of Clough to water the pitch so it was harder to play out from the back. Agree there was a foul on Shephard just before the equaliser.

Ref gave us very little - there were three instances of a player getting a shove in the back and then handling as he fell, two fouls by us and one on Labadie, and we got none of the decisions.

Special branch wrote:Shephard has been a real disappointment in recent games.
When the season began he was a marauding wing-back, causing havoc down the right flank. Remember how involved he was in, for example, Bolton away, Vale at home. I thought we'd signed a gem. Ok, defensively he's not so hot, but as an attacking full-back he was ace.

Then somewhere down the line, he stopped attacking. Now he's just a mediocre full-back.

Whatever the reason for the change, if it's to continue next season then I'd prefer us to play someone else there. It seems a real pity.

At the 39 games mark, this is our best season since we got back into the football league, albeit only on goal difference from 2014/15.

That season we fell apart picking up just 4 points from our final 7 games.

We are currently 5 points and 17 goals in goal difference ahead of our 2018/19 season at this 39 games stage.

In 2018/19 we picked up 15 points from our last 7 games W4 D3 L0 to scrape into the playoffs by a single point.

JonD wrote:
Special branch wrote:Shephard has been a real disappointment in recent games.
When the season began he was a marauding wing-back, causing havoc down the right flank. Remember how involved he was in, for example, Bolton away, Vale at home. I thought we'd signed a gem. Ok, defensively he's not so hot, but as an attacking full-back he was ace.

Then somewhere down the line, he stopped attacking. Now he's just a mediocre full-back.

Whatever the reason for the change, if it's to continue next season then I'd prefer us to play someone else there. It seems a real pity.
Interesting discussion.

Maybe Farquharson replacing Longe-King one factor. The introduction of Ledley hasn't helped. Bennett got sent off supporting that position. The freezing out of Baker has reduced competition for Shephard. Needs addressing one way or another.

Amberexile wrote:At the 39 games mark, this is our best season since we got back into the football league, albeit only on goal difference from 2014/15.

We are currently 5 points and 17 goals in goal difference ahead of our 2018/19 season at this 39 games stage.

In 2018/19 we picked up 15 points from our last 7 games W4 D3 L0 to scrape into the playoffs by a single point.
Not too shabby then?

Willthiswork wrote:
Amberexile wrote:At the 39 games mark, this is our best season since we got back into the football league, albeit only on goal difference from 2014/15.

Not too shabby then?
If we do a 14/15 we are out of it.
If we do an 18/19 we are playoffs no problem.
We will probably do somewhere in between just so that I can bore people with these types of numbers for a bit longer.