Re: County v Cambridge

Exile 1976 wrote:
Micheal wrote:Check out the man's war record HRH was a hero sychophantic drivel? No, respect for a true officer and gentleman any tribute for the man Is welcome in my book. you people obviously never served queen and country
Not my queen
She literally is, whether you like it or not.

Countymax wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Micheal wrote:Check out the man's war record HRH was a hero sychophantic drivel? No, respect for a true officer and gentleman any tribute for the man Is welcome in my book. you people obviously never served queen and country
Not my queen
She literally is, whether you like it or not.

Nope

North London Exile wrote:
rncfc wrote:Moving a working class sporting event to pay respect to a dead Prince is like something out of the 1400s.
Been looking at the FA Cup finals of the 1870s. They were dominated by the Old Etonians, Oxford University and the Royal Engineers!

Seems when the class struggle heated up in the 1880s the gentry realised that promoting "the working class game" could prevent revolution. Giving up a tiny portion of their extensive estates for a few football pitches was a small price to pay.
Going off topic again, have a look at ‘The English Game’ on Netflix. It’s a dramatisation of the battle between Eton posh boys and northern England mill teams, along with the beginnings of professional football in the 1880s. 6 episodes of about 45 mins. I really enjoyed it.
Meanwhile, back on topic, come on lads, let’s win Saturday’s cup final. UTP :cheers:

Blackandamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Kevinmoorefellover wrote:I see Dolan is out.
Will we therefore adopt a more attacking 4-4-2, or even 4-4-3 formation? I doubt it.
Let's hope we go 4-4-3. If the ref can't count that is :lol:
Well spotted. Maths obviously not my strong point. Or was I suggesting playing the 'keeper in the back four?
Whatever the line-up/formation looking highly likely we'll need a win today if we are to remain in a play off position