Re: Grandstand: County v Cambridge

Very disappointing and frustrating result, despite an improved performance, especially 1st half. Believed we have played worse this season and achieved a point(s). Should have been awarded a penalty. Decisions we seemed to be getting the first half of the season. Them's the breaks . Ever has it been so.
However, a play-off position is still entirely in our own hands, if we are good enough? Instinct tells me were aren't quite.

Clutching at straws a bit but Colchester's win v Southend last night is good for us. Makes it unlikely that Southend will have anything to play for last game of the season - hopefully we will! Beat Crawley on Tuesday, avoid defeat away at Exeter and beat Scunthorpe, who are already on the beach, should be enough to reach playoffs. Cheltenham could also be promoted by the time we play them and have taken their foot off the gas. Here's hoping.
Also, mindset for us may now be a little clearer as the outside chance of making the autos has gone and we can concentrate on the playoffs.

I missed it at the time as I was having problems with ifollow, but the penalty is absolutely stonewall. Someone has posted the video in County Chat & the Cambridge player (Hoolahan?) puts both hands up to protect his face. He’s stood in the area with his right foot just touching the line. How the officials missed it, I just can’t explain. VAR would have been all over it.

That non penalty cost me £40. Assuming that Amond would have taken it and scored, with my bookie bet I went for 1-1 with Amond fgs. No guarantee Amond would have taken it and scored of course but unless Micky D would have stepped up, I’m assuming he would have. Bloody ref. Had 39/1 for that. That would have sorted me until at least the end of the season and more. Haven’t seen it and don’t want to watch it.