Re: Grandstand: County v Cambridge

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Very fluid formation so far,just worried about Shep at CB.
Share your concern, but has done ok so far.
More positive intent 1st half but can we maintain it 2nd half, and actually find the net?
The answer was obviously no.
Still somehow clinging on to a play-off spot, due to Exeter and Carlisle also failing to score
Last edited by OLDCROMWELLIAN on April 17th, 2021, 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A lot better than Tuesday and should have had a pen. We had opportunities but did we really have any clear cut chances ? Cambridge were always going to score and when they did we were unable to respond. I'm sure MF will say that we gave it everything (which we probably did) but looks like we will fall short of the play-offs now - baring some major reversal over the last few games..

rgds Dave

flat4 wrote:
flat4 wrote:Seems Cambridge are happy to lets us run our selves into the ground, then come back in the second half with a sucker punch or two.
How could the Manager not work out Cambridge tactics, I ask again, is he the man for the job.

Answers on a postage stamp.
We lost the game today against the top of the league, because of a howler from our keeper, who has overall had a very good season.
Cannot see how that has anything to do with the manager.
I find the desperation of some to want to sack/replace the manger bordering on the pathological. But hey, I guess every club probably have them, and of course all supporters have the right to express their opinion.

We had a go and I enjoyed the game. Selection and set up the best for a while - substitutions a disaster too soon, we were doing well it here that we really miss Lenny Lawrence - Flynn appears to panic or probably more likely lacks patience. Without the substitutions I think we could have won - all were a step back - Maynard is letting Flynn down as his marquee signing, Telford shame he is here next year. Collins looks a bit slow - Gambin at least showed something.
Positives from the game overall but questions about Flynn remain for me - given the support from the board and the cost shouldn’t Maynard and Ledley be playing at a level that would make them first on the team sheet for everyone?