Re: County v Cambridge

Collars wrote:
excessbee wrote:I reckon midday kick-offs across the board. The wording doesn't seem to indicate a change of day, which would be a major disruption.
nice early start for Cambridge that!
I suppose the other option is to go for later, something like 6pm. Return home times would still be earlier than midweek kick-offs.

Percy plunkett wrote:The best option would be move everyone to Sunday afternoon,rather than odd times throughout Saturday.
But then teams would negotiate and come up with odd times throughout Sunday, what's the difference? In fact some might go for that anyway. They could just give an earlier/later option, and put a restriction on any time which would overlap with the funeral schedule, such as, no matches to be in progress between 2pm and 5pm. Sunday would still be an option.

Percy plunkett wrote:The best option would be move everyone to Sunday afternoon,rather than odd times throughout Saturday.
Or we could just have a minute silence at 3pm Saturday like we do for any other young or old man who dies! His life ( or death ) is no more important than any other mortal man, as death reminds us. I feel for his kin as I would for any other family. This sycophancy is sickening.

Willthiswork wrote:He is being respected as he is for all the good he has done.

The fact that his influence has made more football pitches available (especially in Wales) and thus more footballers is only one very small positive that he did.
Oh really? And in any case many people do good without the privilege he enjoyed and the riches bestowed upon them by the less well off than him. I haven’t noticed other people who do good acts getting 8 days of mourning and disrupting normal courses of action of ordinary people. Let those who want to drown in their sycophancy do so, let’s get on with the football.

Wouldn't it be simpler to move the time / date of the funeral? As well as the football matches, a lot of County cricket matches are losing part of their playing time on Saturday. Prince stopped play?

As far as Good Friday is concerned, the date is fixed for many years in advance so why can't sport avoid it like they used to do?