Re: Grandstand: County v Cambridge

The referee was the only person in the country who didn’t see the Cambridge player stand on the ball for the free kick. Plus the blatant handball 1st half. It wasn’t just handball, it was both hands to the ball, with the linesman 10 yards away amazingly seeing nothing again.
Question ? Do they still stiff the officials for toll money on the bridge? Because as soon as they get to Wales, they all seem to take it out on us

Neddy Flanders wrote:The referee was the only person in the country who didn’t see the Cambridge player stand on the ball for the free kick. Plus the blatant handball 1st half. It wasn’t just handball, it was both hands to the ball, with the linesman 10 yards away amazingly seeing nothing again.
Question ? Do they still stiff the officials for toll money on the bridge? Because as soon as they get to Wales, they all seem to take it out on us
Aside from the ten penalties and nine opposition players sent off.

County ranger wrote:Referees always get the blame when we lose - I thought he had a good game there was no penalty that I saw - would we have conceded a penalty for similar without complaint don’t think so - there are referees on here what do they think
Really? Their fella made a pretty good attempt at catching the ball with both hands. No argument about it. It could have affected the outcome of the game - who knows. I suspect Cambridge would have chased the game had they been 1 - 0 down and been on the front foot more.

Played better today,had shots on target but you would expect the keeper to save them.It was handball,was it outside the area? But,without Dolan,no one is confident on pens anyway.Surprised to see Ellison off so early.Telford and Maynard were passive subs,being polite to them,you would expect them to make some sort of impact but they didn’t.Poor January business with those two,Ledley unused for two games,Hartigan has hardly played.Scrimshaw has been no more than ok,Lewis has done the best but is so slow.All on all,January signings have cost us.Gambin could potentially have been great but hardly used.When Sheehan goes forward he looks threatening,surely he has to stay further up the field to spark something.Haynes gave us some attacking threat so good to have him back.

faerun exile wrote:
County ranger wrote:Referees always get the blame when we lose - I thought he had a good game there was no penalty that I saw - would we have conceded a penalty for similar without complaint don’t think so - there are referees on here what do they think
Really? Their fella made a pretty good attempt at catching the ball with both hands. No argument about it. It could have affected the outcome of the game - who knows. I suspect Cambridge would have chased the game had they been 1 - 0 down and been on the front foot more.
He put his hand up to protect his face in my view

UPTHEPORT wrote:
faerun exile wrote:
He put his hand up to protect his face in my view
I agree - hand(s)ball all day long.

Percy plunkett wrote:Played better today,had shots on target but you would expect the keeper to save them.It was handball,was it outside the area? But,without Dolan,no one is confident on pens anyway.Surprised to see Ellison off so early.Telford and Maynard were passive subs,being polite to them,you would expect them to make some sort of impact but they didn’t.Poor January business with those two,Ledley unused for two games,Hartigan has hardly played.Scrimshaw has been no more than ok,Lewis has done the best but is so slow.All on all,January signings have cost us.Gambin could potentially have been great but hardly used.When Sheehan goes forward he looks threatening,surely he has to stay further up the field to spark something.Haynes gave us some attacking threat so good to have him back.
Transfer window / loan rules are bankrupting lower leagues - teams have to have bloated squads which they cannot afford. A smaller squad hits injuries use youth a Woodwiss / Collins if injury longer term, previously you could sign up until mid March I recall or bring in a loan - we have two many wages not playing and I despair at the money going to Maynard and Ledley which could have boosted the 21/22 budget.

County ranger wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Played better today,had shots on target but you would expect the keeper to save them.It was handball,was it outside the area? But,without Dolan,no one is confident on pens anyway.Surprised to see Ellison off so early.Telford and Maynard were passive subs,being polite to them,you would expect them to make some sort of impact but they didn’t.Poor January business with those two,Ledley unused for two games,Hartigan has hardly played.Scrimshaw has been no more than ok,Lewis has done the best but is so slow.All on all,January signings have cost us.Gambin could potentially have been great but hardly used.When Sheehan goes forward he looks threatening,surely he has to stay further up the field to spark something.Haynes gave us some attacking threat so good to have him back.
Transfer window / loan rules are bankrupting lower leagues - teams have to have bloated squads which they cannot afford. A smaller squad hits injuries use youth a Woodwiss / Collins if injury longer term, previously you could sign up until mid March I recall or bring in a loan - we have two many wages not playing and I despair at the money going to Maynard and Ledley which could have boosted the 21/22 budget.
Unless the PFA can turn it over, isn't next season's squad limit 20 senior pros plus kids?

I have been banging on about Woodiwiss for over a year yet,he is still to make his EFL debut.Sadly,he may now be released as he will be over age for the academy.If we have a development squad,he may survive.Then there is Twamley,he would play without fear and shake things up a bit.A few senior players are playing with fear,frightened to make a mistake or take a chance.

Blatant penalty. He wasn't protecting his face, without hitting his hands, the ball would have gone where it was intended, over the defender's head. Hoolahan's dangerous contact on Sheehan might have earned a red card. It wasn't just a blatant block of his run, it was a high arm and was reckless. He would have got sin-binned in a rugby match.

Sorry, what? You didn’t think the player putting both his hands up and the ball hitting both his hands was a penalty? Really?

Exile 1976 wrote:

Sorry, what? You didn’t think the player putting both his hands up and the ball hitting both his hands was a penalty? Really?
Definite penalty all day long