Re: FGR sack Mark Cooper

On the face of it, it does seem shocking but they're in poor form. Winless in six and lost 4 on the bounce, as well as being in danger of falling out the playoff spots. Think Vince made the right decision pulling the trigger.

Interested to see who the replacement is and when it's made . Feel like it would be catastrophic bringing in a new face at a crucial moment like now

One point from their latest six matches, only scored twice in their latest six matches.
Matt has missed the latest three and most of the Bolton game while fellow striker Shawn McCoulsky has been virtual non existent all season, on the bench when available.

Like Salford recently, two clubs with ample monies sack their managers yet they're both up there with a chance of promotion one way or the other. Too much expectation from club owners with plenty of cash.

A poor decision by Dale Vince

Why do these millionaires think they have an entitlement to success on the football field? Football is nothing like business and a large investment doesn't guarantee you success.

Forest Green is punching way above their weight and Mark Cooper is one of the reasons for that

If Cooper had remained until the end of the season I would of picked them to have least made the play offs. Now I think they will miss out

Vince wanted automatic promotion. They were likely going to finish outside the play-offs last season as well if the season had continued, and the fact that Michael Duff has completely turned Cheltenham around from relegation battlers to likely title winners with nowhere near FGR's budget will have probably annoyed him.

Same with Salford. Their budgets mean they expect promotion.

County-at-the-races wrote:Here's hoping Swindon get relegated, sack Sheridan and then Sheridan goes to Freaks on the Hill.... and my life will be complete :lol: :lol: :lol:
You are my new best mate. Agree entirely with your anti-Swindon sentiment but would add that I hope they get a big points deduction (after club and chairman were charged with financial misconduct) and slip into non league.