Re: FGR sack Mark Cooper

flat4 wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:
flat4 wrote:Jane Ludlow seems favourite.
Seems our Board my have dropped the ball again.
How on earth do you make that leap?
One word INNOVATION
I understand that women's football has made huge strides recently but (hopefully, without sounding sexist) how much relevant knowledge and contacts does Jane have in the men's game at the lower league levels which is what we are after?

Fair enough if it went beyond just fielding a question but Vince is an absolute master at spotting an opportunity for good publicity and harvesting it, fair play to him.

Just imagine if we appointed a woman and it didn't work out? The ducking stools would be out straight away. You could only really try it at a club like FGR where supporters don't seem to lose a sense of proportion in either direction.

I fail to see how it's innovative to hire a female.

They are human the same as males, might succeed, might not. I would argue it will be harder for a female to succeed in the men's game initially.

I don't care if this makes me sexist, but I wouldn't want a female coaching our mens team. I've spent lots of time around the womens game compared to some, and it's so different it's almost a different sport.

Snowman wrote:A poor decision by Dale Vince

Why do these millionaires think they have an entitlement to success on the football field? Football is nothing like business and a large investment doesn't guarantee you success.

Forest Green is punching way above their weight and Mark Cooper is one of the reasons for that

If Cooper had remained until the end of the season I would of picked them to have least made the play offs. Now I think they will miss out
They lost 4 on the bounce. I think it was brave from Vince.