Re: Terry Melling

Melling's equaliser wrote:Terry scored the first County goal that I saw in a 1-1 draw against Rochdale in the first game of the 1967-68 season.
Terry only had the one season with us played 30 goals 14 what i remember of him is he was'nt afraid to stick his head in anywhere, and he could certainly head a ball even those big heavy leather ones.

Melling's equaliser wrote:Terry scored the first County goal that I saw in a 1-1 draw against Rochdale in the first game of the 1967-68 season.
Well well, that was my first game also on 19th August 1967.
You went for the melling equaliser aspect for your username, I went for the date County19081967.
I still cannot believe it was over 50 years ago and still stuck with the habit.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Predates me but by reputation he was one of the hardest players ever to put on a pair of boots.
Yes. He frightened me just watching him. He just looked dangerous and indeed was.

Like UTP I can't remember Lee Brown who is currently in the news, but I have no difficulty in recalling Terry Melling.

Meet him once at the Kensington Club, they had just lost 3-1 at Notts County, he was supporting a black eye and was not happy with the manager Les Graham I think. Apparantly at half time the manager had a go at a couple of forwards but said nothing to the goalkeeper who was having a bad day. At least Terry Melling took the time to speak with a few of us