Confused.County

What a weird season this is. We're in the playoff places but I don't know whether to be excited or depressed. We're playing such terrible football that we should be looking down the table not up. In 60 years of supporting the County I've never been so confused and frustrated. Even in the bad days of re-election in the 60s I was more optimistic of us scoring a goal at home, and yet here we are with a chance of our best ever position in League 2 and who knows even promotion for only the third time in our Football League history.

Come on Newport County OOOOO
Bang it in the net!!!!!

Yours sincerely
Confused.County

Re: Confused.County

I read some figures recently that showed Reading, who we regularly competed with, are well over £100m in debt. Admittedly I'm not an accountant/money man but that sounds quite a lot.

My modest ambitions for the County are that they hang around the football league for at least as long as I can drag my sorry @rse along to watch them, and that they bring me more pleasure than disappointment.

Do I want us to get promoted? Yes. Do I want us to get our @rses handed to us every week in L1 because we can't attract good enough players without significantly increasing our debt? Errm, no.

Is this the back of the queue for Confused.County? :)

Blackandamber wrote:What a weird season this is. We're in the playoff places but I don't know whether to be excited or depressed. We're playing such terrible football that we should be looking down the table not up. In 60 years of supporting the County I've never been so confused and frustrated. Even in the bad days of re-election in the 60s I was more optimistic of us scoring a goal at home, and yet here we are with a chance of our best ever position in League 2 and who knows even promotion for only the third time in our Football League history.

Come on Newport County OOOOO
Bang it in the net!!!!!

Yours sincerely
Confused.County
Good post mate, sums it up nicely. My sentiments as well.

Been supporting since 1964, never known a season like it.

Cmon the County. Confused and frustrated County fan.

JonD wrote: My modest ambitions for the County are that they hang around the football league for at least as long as I can drag my sorry @rse along to watch them, and that they bring me more pleasure than disappointment.
God, this x 1,000,000,000

Being sustainable and competitive in Div 4, along with regular cup runs, is an achievement in itself.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
JonD wrote: My modest ambitions for the County are that they hang around the football league for at least as long as I can drag my sorry @rse along to watch them, and that they bring me more pleasure than disappointment.
God, this x 1,000,000,000

Being sustainable and competitive in Div 4, along with regular cup runs, is an achievement in itself.
Yes, if more joined the Trust too we could all do our bit a more! :)