Re: Exeter away

With Tranmere having played a game more, realistically I still think there are only 3 places up for grabs. I think 4th position is gone. 7 teams are still fighting it out for those 3 places. The Exeter game is vital.

Tranmere - in the driving seat
FGR - hanging on and keeping their noses in front of us
County - unpredictable, good away form this season
Exeter - crawling it at the moment
Salford - getting a bit of momentum, watch them
Orient - maybe too much to ask having played 43
Carlisle - rank outsiders, poor recent form

Goal difference is now vital, we have the third best amongst those 7. We just cannot afford to lose on Saturday, but perversely, I hope MF doesn’t set up a team not to lose, those tactics haven’t gone well lately and could backfire. What we can say is that if we win, Exeter would be out of it, 6 points behind with 3 to play, that’s a big ask. They will know this so I suspect that for them, Saturday will be sh*t or bust. Could work in our favour. I hope so.

Matty will be back which is great news.The not so great is Benno could be moved back to midfield.I think Benno is best in a back three and Hartigan did well last night and shouldn’t be left out.I can’t see Flynny leaving Lewis or Shep out so,it seems logical to move Benno.

Blackandamber wrote:I'd keep the same starting X1 and bring Dolan on if and when he's needed.
I've never thought of Dolan the sort of player who would come on as a substitute to change the course of a game. I think his role is one to set the pattern from the outset by organising the defence and making himself available to receive the ball, he is good at finding space. If he is fully fit, keep him on as long as possible.