BDO Darts

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

BDO Darts

Postby UPTHEPORT » January 9th, 2017, 5:46 pm

Is now a joke ffs
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Re: BDO Darts

Postby Exile 1976 » January 9th, 2017, 6:30 pm

The quality seems a bit better this year than previously from what I've seen though, most appear to be averaging 80-85 !! :lol:

More importantly though, there was a match on this afternoon, David Cameron v Jimmy Hendricks ! :lol:
no avatar
User

Triangle

Rank

Forum Patron!

With the Panthers

Postby Triangle » January 9th, 2017, 9:46 pm

Watched something Dart wise on Sky at Alexandria palace....Haven't see darts for years...Used to be sweaty fat blokes sipping pints between rounds.

MY observations...
The beer has gone, the bellies have mostly gone and the crowd are just people dressed up in various fancy dress outfits having an unconnected to watching the darts party the same time as the darts is being played. There seemed to be very little connection between the players and what was going on behind them ....Very strange.....
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 9th, 2017, 11:27 pm

Is it a sport? :drunken:
no avatar
User

rncfc

Cwmbran

Postby rncfc » January 13th, 2017, 2:03 pm

I actually prefer the BDO. The PDC is too clinical to be entertaining; you know they're going to be hitting 100 minimum practically every turn, and 140's are almost a disappointment to some of the players.

With the BDO you get the odd bad visit, a fair few missed doubles and as a result you get players pinching legs from 300-back and the like which, for me at least, makes for a better spectacle.

It's like preferring lower league football over the Premiership. The inferior quality makes for better entertainment sometimes.