Grenfell Tower

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Grenfell Tower

Postby Exile 1976 » June 23rd, 2017, 2:29 pm

Drove past there yesterday, looks so much worse up close than on tele. Really spooky and upsetting, also anger has played on my mind since seeing it. Hope there are lessons learned and those that are responsible are held accountable.
Last edited by Exile 1976 on June 29th, 2017, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Grenfell Tower

Postby UPTHEPORT » June 23rd, 2017, 2:43 pm

It's shocking mate

There's a block in Cwmbranistan with what looks very similar cladding
User

Catford Richard

South London

Postby Catford Richard » June 26th, 2017, 9:51 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:It's shocking mate

There's a block in Cwmbranistan with what looks very similar cladding

I think this has the makings of one of the big scandals in recent history. Every tom dick and harry is going to be trying to pass the buck on this one. Couple of board members of shelter stepped down because of conflict of interest, leaders at the council under pressure, government ministers who are now advisers under pressure, is the PM surrounding herself with more tainted people. It would all be quite funny to watch them squirm if it wasn't for the completely senseless, pointless, so easily prevented waste of life.
A bit like the twin towers, for anybody to have to be in a position to have to decide if they're better off jumping out of a building just is beyond the pail for anybody.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » June 29th, 2017, 6:28 pm

another Hillsborough cover up.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » August 5th, 2017, 11:40 pm

Walking along South Africa Road, Shepherds Bush, coming from Loftus Rd after today's game against Reading, as I walked towards White City tube station, I saw in the near distance, Grenfell Tower looking totally devastated. How very sad for all that perished and for their surviving loved ones.
There's some kind of benefit game at Loftus Road on 2nd Sept called 'Game4Grenfell', who's playing and what's involved I don't know.
I can't make it on that date anyway.