The Ashes

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: The Ashes

Postby pembsexile » December 29th, 2017, 10:29 am

Exile 1976 wrote:So, Jimmy caught up in a little ball tampering controversy eh..

It's a storm in a t-cup, nowt going on there. Slow news day for the Aussies. More of a controversy with the ball at RP I reckon! :cheers:
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 29th, 2017, 10:31 am

Exile 1976 wrote:So, Jimmy caught up in a little ball tampering controversy eh..

He was just pushing a flap down munn !!
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » December 29th, 2017, 10:43 am

Tomorrow Australia will be bowled out for 203 we will win by 10wkts and the port will beat Cheltenham 4-0 to keep Phil in pocket :cheers:
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 29th, 2017, 12:12 pm

Great signing for Glamorgan shaun marsh well happy with that
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » December 29th, 2017, 10:51 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Great signing for Glamorgan shaun marsh well happy with that

Never heard of her
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 4th, 2018, 9:26 am

More lack of concentration as Root and Bairstow do their best to give this match to Aus. :roll:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 8th, 2018, 1:55 pm

So, a 4 - 0 loss then. Don't know what Jimmy Anderson was on about in his press conference. He was talking absolute bollocks. Take it on the chin, say it as it was, you took an absolute hiding.
no avatar
User

Rjwebby2811

Cwmbran

Postby Rjwebby2811 » January 10th, 2018, 4:31 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:So, a 4 - 0 loss then. Don't know what Jimmy Anderson was on about in his press conference. He was talking absolute bollocks. Take it on the chin, say it as it was, you took an absolute hiding.

They where very poor from day one, no good against really fast bowlers still can't play spin and there batting at time is terrible at least 3 of them aren't test match players
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 10th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Rjwebby2811 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:So, a 4 - 0 loss then. Don't know what Jimmy Anderson was on about in his press conference. He was talking absolute bollocks. Take it on the chin, say it as it was, you took an absolute hiding.

They where very poor from day one, no good against really fast bowlers still can't play spin and there batting at time is terrible at least 3 of them aren't test match players

But apart from that we're brilliant
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » January 11th, 2018, 9:54 am

Root needs to man up and move himself up the order. I don't really care if he doesn't want to bat at 3, when you're constantly having to come in within 10 overs anyway it makes no difference.

I'd push Bairstow up to 4 - he is comfortably good enough. Then you can protect someone like Vince (although I'd pick Livingstone personally) and give them some time to find their feet before smashing them up the order and exposing them.

I'd persist with Hales at the top of the order, particularly whilst Cook is still around. Just let him play his natural game. It has worked for the likes of Hayden in the past.

Of course they could just solve a lot of the problems by just picking Stokes.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 11th, 2018, 12:57 pm

Two Tests in New Zealand......any brave selections coming up? Noooooo
no avatar
User

Rjwebby2811

Cwmbran

Postby Rjwebby2811 » January 11th, 2018, 1:05 pm

ref23 wrote:Root needs to man up and move himself up the order. I don't really care if he doesn't want to bat at 3, when you're constantly having to come in within 10 overs anyway it makes no difference.

I'd push Bairstow up to 4 - he is comfortably good enough. Then you can protect someone like Vince (although I'd pick Livingstone personally) and give them some time to find their feet before smashing them up the order and exposing them.

I'd persist with Hales at the top of the order, particularly whilst Cook is still around. Just let him play his natural game. It has worked for the likes of Hayden in the past.

Of course they could just solve a lot of the problems by just picking Stokes.

Spot on, hale, cook, root and Barstow top 4 looks a lot stronger than the top 4 atm. Hales has done it at international level for a few years in ODIs and 20/20 should be given a chance at test level.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » January 14th, 2018, 11:45 am

Roy 180!
Something to cheer us up
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » January 14th, 2018, 12:13 pm

English player gets 180 and it's not in darts.
no avatar
User

Rjwebby2811

Cwmbran

Postby Rjwebby2811 » January 14th, 2018, 12:39 pm

He played brilliant as did root
PreviousNext