The Ashes

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: The Ashes

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 5th, 2017, 12:18 pm

As I said I think Root is the key man for England if he can go on and get 120 plus tomorrow we are in it
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 5th, 2017, 12:42 pm

Key man was Smith. What the **** was he thinking not putting England into bat again, monumental **** up that could cost them the 2nd test
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 5th, 2017, 2:19 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Key man was Smith. What the **** was he thinking not putting England into bat again, monumental **** up that could cost them the 2nd test

It's the modern way now he would have asked his bowlers if they wanted a blow or bowl again
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » December 5th, 2017, 3:06 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Key man was Smith. What the **** was he thinking not putting England into bat again, monumental **** up that could cost them the 2nd test

It's the modern way now he would have asked his bowlers if they wanted a blow or bowl again

Thankyou W.G.Grace :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 5th, 2017, 3:29 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:

The coach is not happy. A chance to bowl at England for a couple of hours under the lights when they were on the ropes, no brainer....
I hope Smith truly ends up regretting it and Ingerrrrlund win..
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » December 5th, 2017, 11:19 pm

There are two scenarios tomorrow
We collapse.........OR

We collapse
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » December 6th, 2017, 8:13 am

We collapsed
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 6th, 2017, 9:33 am

Losing 6wkts in one session, 1hr 45mins .. Pathetic showing again. Norm, I think you might be right with your 'rubbish' comment about my 4-1 to Australia prediction.... I think this could very well be 5-0.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Postby mad norm » December 6th, 2017, 9:45 am

Over the years how often have we heard the bowlers have bowled too short?
We are embarrassingly one dimensional
Positives........NONE :cry:
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 14th, 2017, 11:13 am

The cone back is on
Nice knock from Malan
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 14th, 2017, 12:16 pm

One day cricket has brought to Test cricket many good things. More exciting batting, unbelievable fielding being but two. Now as it happens for me nothing in one day cricket can match the excitement or if I might be a touch prosaic beauty of a thrilling finish with all four results possible to a match possible.( I happen to think you can also have a tied draw which is a fifth possible result. This happens when the scores are tied but the team batting in the fourth innings still has wickets in hand.) Anyway I digress.

However one thing lost as a result of the modern one day game is the ability of batsman to bat out sessions. Some of the greatest moments in test history have been teams batting for over a day to save a test. Can't remember when that last happened.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 14th, 2017, 1:30 pm

I would guess at Atherton Bren v SA

Is there much talk in Ireland about their upcoming test status

Can see them struggling for years you only have to look at Sri Lanka took them over a decade to click and more recently Bangladesh who are still poor test wise
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 14th, 2017, 2:49 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:I would guess at Atherton Bren v SA

Can see them struggling for years you only have to look at Sri Lanka took them over a decade to click and more recently Bangladesh who are still poor test wise

Not really. Cricket is more popular in Ireland than you might think but I can't ever see it being more than it is now. In any event the talented players, Ed Joyce and Eoin Morgan spring to mind tend to opt to qualify for England.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 14th, 2017, 3:02 pm

Good day today, surely not even England can lose from here.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 14th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I would guess at Atherton Bren v SA

Not really. Cricket is more popular in Ireland than you might think but I can't ever see it being more than it is now. In any event the talented players, Ed Joyce and Eoin Morgan spring to mind tend to opt to qualify for England.

I know a fair bit about it over there but the first class structure is poor only two first class sides would be good to let one side join the County game over here for a couple of seasons

The Irish people I have spoken to over here are at best indifferent about cricket
PreviousNext