Question to all Brexiteers

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Question to all Brexiteers

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 1st, 2017, 3:13 pm

Harps62 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Poor show Jim

You should never bring up politics on a football forum

Like Pembs says that didn't even come into the equation.

Check again it's not on a football forum

Think before engaging brain

Like I said before nothing worse than getting involved in politics on a football forum even in the anything else section.
Just causes arguments heated and bitterness.
Look at the crap it started on facebook with families falling out for goodness sake.
Brain always engaged no need for sarcasm.
Thought you were above that Jim?

I think the everything else is the clue it's not football related

It might twig any time soon
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 1st, 2017, 3:40 pm

Blimey Jim

I know that mate.
All I am saying is it causes more grief than any football related thread that's why I said leave politics off the forum in either football or Anything else mate.
Just my opinion
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 1st, 2017, 4:08 pm

Trouble is the brexit camp made no plans for the Irish border and now we have the real prospect of s no deal because the Irish can use the veto and who could blame them

It's probably the biggest decision this Country has taken for decades and yet no one from the leave camp has thought about a plan before taking us out

It's a complete joke
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 1st, 2017, 5:41 pm

If you don't want to discuss politics then don't come onto the thread, simples.
Some people might want a discussion, let them get on with it....
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 1st, 2017, 5:59 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:If you don't want to discuss politics then don't come onto the thread, simples.

Its very hard when you think somebody on the other side is talking rubbish.
That's why I always say keep it off the forum even in anything.
Just starts a row.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » December 1st, 2017, 7:02 pm

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:If you don't want to discuss politics then don't come onto the thread, simples.

Just starts a row.

Football + politics + booze .... What could possibly go wrong? Haha
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » December 1st, 2017, 8:20 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:Trouble is the brexit camp made no plans for the Irish border and now we have the real prospect of s no deal because the Irish can use the veto and who could blame them

It's probably the biggest decision this Country has taken for decades and yet no one from the leave camp has thought about a plan before taking us out

It's a complete joke

Do potential divorcees have a plan before they separate? I would suggest that the majority do not. The urge to separate is greater than the urge to stay together. They leave the messy bits to the lawyers. Nobody said it was going to be simple.

It is far from a complete joke Jim. It is a mess. Why are you looking for people to blame? I thought you would have seen enough of the blame culture from working in the NHS. I know I have.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 1st, 2017, 8:29 pm

Harps62 wrote:

Just starts a row.

Tell me what's rubbish with what I've said
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 1st, 2017, 10:23 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

Just starts a row.

Tell me what's rubbish with what I've said

Not talking about you Jim
In general when you know somebody is talking rubbish and maybe a relation or a pal best keep your opinions to yourself.
No need to take umbrage Jim.
Any way had enough of this topic
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » December 2nd, 2017, 4:16 pm

My reason for voting 'leave' was nothing to do with the £350M for the NHS ....
I didn't vote leave for that reason. I didn't vote leave because I dislike Polish plumbers, cos I don't.... I didn't vote leave because I don't appreciate French wines and some of the best cuisine in the world, because I know some people love these things... I didn't vote leave because I dislike the Amsterdam night scene, cos I don't.... German sausages are not the wurst I've ever tasted.... Spanish beaches appeal to Brits,and I love them too...The Czech & Slovaks that I've met are really nice, even if they do treat the Roma like shit.
No, my reason for voting leave wasn't to do with money, or the peoples of Europe, or their cuisine, their wines, their architecture or landscapes.....
My reason for voting leave is that countries were allowed to join whose own economy was not right. The EU should have been kept more exclusive that it has been, and over time it'll be worse as more countries join. In my view, there should be a straight forward level, say $32,000 USD in GDP, or any other measure they choose, but the measure should be consistant.
Merkel, in a low-key press conference, recently suggested there was a case for allowing the north African states with Mediterranean coastlines to join, that's come on in: Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt and a few others besides, all of whom, if Merkel is to be believed, will end up with EU passports, and therefore ease of access to UK had we not left.

On the subject of the NHS, I'm afraid it is what it is....... In a 1974 episode of The Likely Lads, Rodney Bewes sits in a hospital waiting room having injured his foot. He says, "I've no Idea how long I'll be waiting. It's the NHS, you can bet there'll be hardly any doctors on duty"......... today, some 40+ years later, the same problems exist. Numerous different Prime Ministers, numerous changes of Govt, numbers different Health Secretaries, and STILL the problems won't go away. The NHS problems run much deeper than any individual Govt, but continually letting countries into the EU who shouldn't be there will not help it.
There are Czech people in this country with knee replacements years before the native people of UK, having never contributed a red cent to the service....... letting in more will not help

That's why I voted leave.

You don't have to be an expert in politics to vote.
Incidentally, when the new EU banking changes come in on 13th of Jan., I hope none of the Remainiacs lose too much money to online fraud.... Only the EU could dream up such bollocks.
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » December 2nd, 2017, 9:00 pm

The problem is Conservative, Labour, Lib Dem etc. voters are all roughly equal in their political expertise, the referendum attracted an extra couple of million knuckle-draggers who don't normally vote and it changed the result. I'm not part of the "liberal metropolitan elite", my decision to vote remain was based on logic, not morality. We voted to leave and we're up shit creek because of it.
no avatar
User

Handolucifer

Postby Handolucifer » December 2nd, 2017, 9:04 pm

Responding to "new ground rodney" - Well, that is a total chaos of an argument. Let me think....your next phrase may be.. " and another thing!!!"
User

Kevinmoorefellover

Postby Kevinmoorefellover » December 3rd, 2017, 9:24 am

I hope the experience has taught the young to vote in future. I would prefer to have put my destiny in their hands.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » December 3rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:My reason for voting 'leave' was nothing to do with the £350M for the NHS ....
I didn't vote leave for that reason. I didn't vote leave because I dislike Polish plumbers, cos I don't.... I didn't vote leave because I don't appreciate French wines and some of the best cuisine in the world, because I know some people love these things... I didn't vote leave because I dislike the Amsterdam night scene, cos I don't.... German sausages are not the wurst I've ever tasted.... Spanish beaches appeal to Brits,and I love them too...The Czech & Slovaks that I've met are really nice, even if they do treat the Roma like shit.
No, my reason for voting leave wasn't to do with money, or the peoples of Europe, or their cuisine, their wines, their architecture or landscapes.....
My reason for voting leave is that countries were allowed to join whose own economy was not right. The EU should have been kept more exclusive that it has been, and over time it'll be worse as more countries join. In my view, there should be a straight forward level, say $32,000 USD in GDP, or any other measure they choose, but the measure should be consistant.
Merkel, in a low-key press conference, recently suggested there was a case for allowing the north African states with Mediterranean coastlines to join, that's come on in: Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt and a few others besides, all of whom, if Merkel is to be believed, will end up with EU passports, and therefore ease of access to UK had we not left.

On the subject of the NHS, I'm afraid it is what it is....... In a 1974 episode of The Likely Lads, Rodney Bewes sits in a hospital waiting room having injured his foot. He says, "I've no Idea how long I'll be waiting. It's the NHS, you can bet there'll be hardly any doctors on duty"......... today, some 40+ years later, the same problems exist. Numerous different Prime Ministers, numerous changes of Govt, numbers different Health Secretaries, and STILL the problems won't go away. The NHS problems run much deeper than any individual Govt, but continually letting countries into the EU who shouldn't be there will not help it.
There are Czech people in this country with knee replacements years before the native people of UK, having never contributed a red cent to the service....... letting in more will not help

That's why I voted leave.

You don't have to be an expert in politics to vote.
Incidentally, when the new EU banking changes come in on 13th of Jan., I hope none of the Remainiacs lose too much money to online fraud.... Only the EU could dream up such bollocks.

That would've been a problem had we not had a veto to prevent any of those nations joining. Similarly to all the fuss about Turkey joining, they only can if we agree to it.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » December 3rd, 2017, 10:54 pm

I wonder how people were gullible enough to believe anything that came out of the mouths of the likes of Johnson, Gove and Farage.
Previous