Question to all Brexiteers

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Question to all Brexiteers

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 29th, 2017, 12:14 pm

Was the 50 odd billion on the other side the '£350 million a week for the NHS' bus :roll: :evil: :evil: :evil:

We are being done like a Kipper
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Re: Question to all Brexiteers

Postby Exile 1976 » November 29th, 2017, 12:18 pm

I voted Remain. Was never, ever, going to work out that they'd give an extra £350m a week to the NHS mate, anyone who voted Leave due to that needs to have their voting rights taken away ! Haha.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 29th, 2017, 12:29 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:I voted Remain. Was never, ever, going to work out that they'd give an extra £350m a week to the NHS mate, anyone who voted Leave due to that needs to have their voting rights taken away ! Haha.

Belive it or not my Mother in law did :roll: :roll: and how many others

What gets me is during and after the Campaign the brexiteers were saying the Remain camp where lying like **** and at no time did the Brexiteers say we would have to pay 50 or more billions now thier argument is if we stayed we would have had to pay 80 odd billion :roll: :roll:

I fear for jobs now in this Country
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » November 29th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Here is another question. Why is it that the moral high ground seems to have been grabbed by all the remainers?

Footnote - I work in the NHS and the comment about an extra M£350 had no influence at all on the way I voted. None whatsoever.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » November 29th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Poor show Jim

You should never bring up politics on a football forum

Like Pembs says that didn't even come into the equation.
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jackorias » November 30th, 2017, 12:13 am

Allow me to play devil's advocate...

For those who voted remain, it's to be assumed that they are obviously Pro-EU; though are you happy with the EU's conduct in regards to a trade-deal-at-ransom by way of excessive monetary demand?

Consider that the net contribution to the EU for 2016/17 was roughly 8 billion. Does the "divorce settlement" seem fair to you?

In a parallel universe, if we were a part of the EU and say, France wanted to leave... would we be happy being a part of a conglomerate of countries attempting to embezzle over 7 times the yearly contribution amount just to allow them to leave and trade freely?

Seems pretty damned immoral to me.

What baffles me the most is how the liberal voting classes of Britain back what is a horrendously overly lobbied, corporate dreamland of an attempted centralised empirical state with its ex leaders taking up jobs in large banking establishments and claiming EU funded pensions after years on ridiculously high roller pay provided for by multi-national taxes. A union that would soon bailout French and German banks but let Greece fall and it's people rot in bankruptcy. Even on our own shore wherein steel production jobs were at risk; the EU denied any notion of state monetary intervention for fear of unfair market competition yet has allowed it previously in Italy and Germany.

Heck, even the slightest bit of digging would unearth one of our most staunch British Eurosceptics in Mr. Corbyn who produced such pearls as these..

Voted in favour of leaving the European Economic Community in 1975.

He voted against the Maastricht Treaty that created the EU. Here's what he had to say about it - "It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body-the Commission-and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability."

He voted against the Lisbon Treaty which is the current constitutional basis for the EU.

Writing about the Greek crisis last year Corbyn said - "There is no future for a Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage."

In an LBC interview, Corbyn implied that the EU was treating Greece "brutally." - "If Europe becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think Europe will lose a lot of support from a lot of people."

In an article on his website, Corbyn wrote that the EU was responsible for the gross abuse of human rights in Western Sahara.

"The project has always been to create a huge free-market Europe, with ever-limiting powers for national parliaments and an increasingly powerful common foreign and security policy."

Riddle me that, Remainers.
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » November 30th, 2017, 10:43 am

I'm not going to lie to you but I really couldn't give a shite what Corbyn says .. Besides, I really can't be arsed to get into a political debate on here, just making a point that MANY 'Leavers' voted so due to their believe that the NHS would be in receipt of an extra £350m a week... Something that was, imo, ridiculous
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » November 30th, 2017, 10:46 am

Stay or go most of the stuff we buy still comes from China :roll:
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » November 30th, 2017, 11:14 am

mad norm wrote:Stay or go most of the stuff we buy still comes from China :roll:

I just bought some "china" and it came from Portugal !
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » November 30th, 2017, 11:31 am

penycwm county wrote:
mad norm wrote:Stay or go most of the stuff we buy still comes from China :roll:

I just bought some "china" and it came from Portugal !

I just bought some Port from Merthyr Tesco :lol: ..... Is this a ban for going off topic ?? :shock: :lol:
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 30th, 2017, 11:46 am

Harps62 wrote:Poor show Jim

Check again it's not on a football forum

Think before engaging brain
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » November 30th, 2017, 11:49 am

pembsexile wrote:Here is another question. Why is it that the moral high ground seems to have been grabbed by all the remainers?

Footnote - I work in the NHS and the comment about an extra M£350 had no influence at all on the way I voted. None whatsoever.

If you mean asking genuine questions how's that taking the moral high ground

I've said all along the vote was lost I have to accept it

But I will still be asking questions if that's ok
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » November 30th, 2017, 10:16 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Here is another question. Why is it that the moral high ground seems to have been grabbed by all the remainers?

If you mean asking genuine questions how's that taking the moral high ground

I've said all along the vote was lost I have to accept it

But I will still be asking questions if that's ok

You ask your questions Jim and I'll ask mine. That is fine by me.

It seems to be the norm that in this country of ours the NHS is used as a political football. To suggest that there may have been an extra £350 million pw to deal with its woes if we had only voted correctly is to claim the moral high ground in my book.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » November 30th, 2017, 11:26 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Harps62 wrote:Poor show Jim

Check again it's not on a football forum

Think before engaging brain

Like I said before nothing worse than getting involved in politics on a football forum even in the anything else section.
Just causes arguments heated and bitterness.
Look at the crap it started on facebook with families falling out for goodness sake.
Brain always engaged no need for sarcasm.
Thought you were above that Jim?
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » December 1st, 2017, 3:11 pm

Jackorias wrote:Allow me to play devil's advocate...

For those who voted remain, it's to be assumed that they are obviously Pro-EU; though are you happy with the EU's conduct in regards to a trade-deal-at-ransom by way of excessive monetary demand?

Consider that the net contribution to the EU for 2016/17 was roughly 8 billion. Does the "divorce settlement" seem fair to you?

In a parallel universe, if we were a part of the EU and say, France wanted to leave... would we be happy being a part of a conglomerate of countries attempting to embezzle over 7 times the yearly contribution amount just to allow them to leave and trade freely?

Seems pretty damned immoral to me.

What baffles me the most is how the liberal voting classes of Britain back what is a horrendously overly lobbied, corporate dreamland of an attempted centralised empirical state with its ex leaders taking up jobs in large banking establishments and claiming EU funded pensions after years on ridiculously high roller pay provided for by multi-national taxes. A union that would soon bailout French and German banks but let Greece fall and it's people rot in bankruptcy. Even on our own shore wherein steel production jobs were at risk; the EU denied any notion of state monetary intervention for fear of unfair market competition yet has allowed it previously in Italy and Germany.

Heck, even the slightest bit of digging would unearth one of our most staunch British Eurosceptics in Mr. Corbyn who produced such pearls as these..

Voted in favour of leaving the European Economic Community in 1975.

He voted against the Maastricht Treaty that created the EU. Here's what he had to say about it - "It takes us in the opposite direction of an unelected legislative body-the Commission-and, in the case of foreign policy, a policy Commission that will be, in effect, imposing foreign policy on nation states that have fought for their own democratic accountability."

He voted against the Lisbon Treaty which is the current constitutional basis for the EU.

Writing about the Greek crisis last year Corbyn said - "There is no future for a Europe that turns its smaller nations into colonies of debt peonage."

In an LBC interview, Corbyn implied that the EU was treating Greece "brutally." - "If Europe becomes a totally brutal organisation that treats every one of its member states in the way that the people of Greece have been treated at the moment, then I think Europe will lose a lot of support from a lot of people."

In an article on his website, Corbyn wrote that the EU was responsible for the gross abuse of human rights in Western Sahara.

"The project has always been to create a huge free-market Europe, with ever-limiting powers for national parliaments and an increasingly powerful common foreign and security policy."

Riddle me that, Remainers.

You really should get your Clarkson avatar back that looks like you've copy and pasted him
Next