Re: Calling all Numismatists

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Of all the modern coins which is worth the most
Current eBay (realistic) prices Jim;

Kew Gardens 50p - approx £70
Northern Ireland Commonwealth games £2 - approx £35
Other Commonwealth games - approx £8-£14
2016 Jemmima Puddleduck 50p - approx £7

Look out for Sir Isaac Newton 50p 2017. They are very rare. The montage figures were realeased today and it is estimated (via change checker website) that they will be worth more than Kew Gardens soon.

If you want to make a killing go along to the Royal Mint this month. I will be going. The 2018 Isaac Newton 50p coin will only be made available from there and you can strike it yourself. They have a limited number and estimate the deal will only last for a month. They are going to be very rare. However, it does cost £14 to do the Royal Mint experience. Good visit though.

Ok will keep a look out in my change from now on :grin:

Got to say - whoever is in charge of the business side of things at the Royal Mint has their head switched on. To get people to pay for the privilege of pressing a coin that will never really go into circulation and will become a collectors item has read the market perfectly imo.

I wonder if any of them are County fans? We could certainly use their experience.

Coin and banknote update. If you have any old type £10 notes left you can't spend them any more but the Banks will still exchange them. Only the new Polymer type are valid now.

26 new 10p coins were released yesterday. Each letter resembles a major British theme. You can buy the set if it takes your fancy. £55 all in. Ouch. If I knew how to post a link detailing all the coins I would. Happy hunting for those interested.

Pembs

You may have heard that my dear Dad passed away few weeks back.

He loved collecting coins and he tried to collect every British coin from the first year they were minted up to this year.
Every years penny, two pence etc etc.
Up to the two pound ones.
Like everybody else the Kew Gardens was never found.
Would there be any coins or years of any value as rather than telling my step mum to put them in her purse I would like her to get a few bob for them if they were worth more.

Cheers
Harps

Harps62 wrote:Pembs

You may have heard that my dear Dad passed away few weeks back.

He loved collecting coins and he tried to collect every British coin from the first year they were minted up to this year.
Every years penny, two pence etc etc.
Up to the two pound ones.
Like everybody else the Kew Gardens was never found.
Would there be any coins or years of any value as rather than telling my step mum to put them in her purse I would like her to get a few bob for them if they were worth more.

Cheers
Harps
Harps, I will pm you later this weekend. Won't have time today as I have a busy Cheltenham day with mates.

Quickly though - Northern Ireland £2 Commonwealth games at least £30, others £10
20p coin without a date on it. (Is actually 1988) worth about £40
Edinburgh £1 old type about £10
Full set of 39 £2 coins in folder, at least £200
Full set of old £1 coins (24) in folder at least £70

The brilliant uncirculated types are worth at least double that and proof types even more.

That's just off the top of my head. Advise your mum not to give them away until you have checked them. I will give you more info' later.

Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Sorry Pembs, just looked in my sons 50p savings jar (he only saves 50p pieces for some reason) and the only ones he has out of the usual are the following :-

* 2012 Olympics Women's volleyball
* Battle of Hastings
* Beatrix Potter
* Mrs Tiggywinkle
* Peter Rabbit

Will keep an eye out for you
Good man Exile. If you don't mind, keep hold of the Mrs Tiggywinkle, Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. I may make you an offer for them sometime. I make up sets of them. 9 in a set at the moment. Told you this was boring!!!!!

Will do. I find it interesting in fairness.
Every time I go to the US i always try to collect the full set of states on the quarters , fail miserably and then give them to the kids to buy sweets. Haha.
Hi Exile. Anorak time - well it is Sunday morning. Just been doing some routine checking of my coins and found some you may be interested in. I don't normally collect US coins but in my travels I have picked up some quarters that you may wish to add to your own to get the full set. I have the following quarters;
Pennsylvania - virtue, Liberty independence
Alaska - the great land
New York - gateway to freedom
North Dakota - no inscription
South Carolina - the Palmetto state

Let me know if you ever need them.

pembsexile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

Good man Exile. If you don't mind, keep hold of the Mrs Tiggywinkle, Beatrix Potter and Peter Rabbit. I may make you an offer for them sometime. I make up sets of them. 9 in a set at the moment. Told you this was boring!!!!!

Will do. I find it interesting in fairness.
Every time I go to the US i always try to collect the full set of states on the quarters , fail miserably and then give them to the kids to buy sweets. Haha.
Hi Exile. Anorak time - well it is Sunday morning. Just been doing some routine checking of my coins and found some you may be interested in. I don't normally collect US coins but in my travels I have picked up some quarters that you may wish to add to your own to get the full set. I have the following quarters;
Pennsylvania - virtue, Liberty independence
Alaska - the great land
New York - gateway to freedom
North Dakota - no inscription
South Carolina - the Palmetto state

Let me know if you ever need them.

Hi Pembs, thanks mate, I just asked my daughter what she needs and she said she now has the 50 states but needs a few of the "territory" coins :- American Samoa, Guam, North Mariana Islands and US Virgin Islands.