Re: Calling all Numismatists

Willthiswork wrote:Any one... :)
Of the 37 types of £2 coins in circulation in 2017 only 3 have the 2017 date on them. Your best hope is the Brittania which is relatively scarce. For some unknown reason the Royal Mint have not issued the 2017 WW1 Aviation or the Jane Austen into circulation yet. I have no idea why. However, they are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition from the Royal Mint and other good coin dealing sites. Keep looking and good luck. You could always try eBay.

pembsexile wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Any one... :)
Of the 37 types of £2 coins in circulation in 2017 only 3 have the 2017 date on them. Your best hope is the Brittania which is relatively scarce. For some unknown reason the Royal Mint have not issued the 2017 WW1 Aviation or the Jane Austen into circulation yet. I have no idea why. However, they are available in Brilliant Uncirculated condition from the Royal Mint and other good coin dealing sites. Keep looking and good luck. You could always try eBay.
Thanks, i'll keep my eyes out. We've collected all the other ones from shops etc... We have a collection of 50ps and £1s. Got the Kew gardens one too! Had them a few times before realising how rare they were!!!!

mad norm wrote:Just been fossicking through a tin ..
Two phials of plastic wrapped half new pennies 1971 straight from bank
One ditto One new pennies in a white paper wrapping
Some farthings,silver threepenny pieces
AND amazingly a Roman coin with the date 12 BC on it
Norm, on a serious note, in relation to your silver threepences, check them carefully. If any of them are dated pre 1920, they are worth quite a bit. Prior to that date all silver coins were sterling silver and therefore nearly 100% silver. The Royal Mint changed the metallic content of silver coins after that date so that for their metallic content only, they will be worth something.

If you want to pm me for specific value information of the silver coins you have, I can check against the Coin annual yearbook.

The Newport wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I have a special edition Iraqi Army Anniversary gold coin, would that be in your book Pembs?
If it's a
Iraq 5 Dinars KM
Composition: Gold
Fineness: 0.9170
Weight: 13.5700g
AGW: 0.400073625154725oz
Melt Value: $527.70 (5/11/2018)
Cool. Will put some pics up later. Also have a JFK memorial gold coin inset in a ring.

Willthiswork wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I have a special edition Iraqi Army Anniversary gold coin, would that be in your book Pembs?
If it's a
Iraq 5 Dinars KM
Composition: Gold
Fineness: 0.9170
Weight: 13.5700g
AGW: 0.400073625154725oz
Melt Value: $527.70 (5/11/2018)
Cool. Will put some pics up later. Also have a JFK memorial gold coin inset in a ring.

Does this look anything like your Ring?