Message for Stan and Harps

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Message for Stan and Harps

Postby owlsabout » December 22nd, 2017, 10:42 am

Both can I private message you please I have some news I think you will both be interested in but not sure how to private message from this board.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Re: Message for Stan and Harps

Postby Jimmy Exile » December 22nd, 2017, 10:43 am

owlsabout wrote:Both can I private message you please I have some news I think you will both be interested in but not sure how to private message from this board.

Hi mate. why not just say your news on this message forum so the rest of us can be informed of your news
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Postby Justanordinaryfan » December 22nd, 2017, 11:12 am

A PM to Stan would suffice I would think, as Stan is surely to post all contents on the MB, after all let’s not forget that transparency is his mantra!
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 22nd, 2017, 11:27 am

owlsabout wrote:Both can I private message you please I have some news I think you will both be interested in but not sure how to private message from this board.

Not a problem

cheers

Harps
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 22nd, 2017, 12:13 pm

Justanordinaryfan wrote:A PM to Stan would suffice I would think, as Stan is surely to post all contents on the MB, after all let’s not forget that transparency is his mantra!

The concept of having a fiduciary duty is perhaps alien to you so let me explain. Members of Parliament have a fiduciary duty to be honest and open with their constituents. Lawyers with their clients. Directors of limited companies with the shareholders.

If people wish to write to me in a personal capacity they can expect that I will keep their letters confidential.

To give you a perfect example.

Gavin's position re his personal life is none of my business. His position regarding his career is none of my business. His political opinions are none of my business. If I were to ask him to be open and candid about any of these three topics he would be quite within his rights to tell me to go f@ck myself. His only fiduciary duty to me is in regard to his stewardship of Newport County AFC.

If Owlsabout chooses to write to me that is a matter for him but he can be assured that unless he wishes otherwise the contents of his letter are confidential. My fiduciary duty is to him not you. If you wrote to me in confidence I would extend you the same.

If I were a director of Newport County AFC I would say to anyone who wrote to me regarding Newport County that if they chose to give me information about Newport County then my fiduciary duty to the shareholders would outweigh that of the individual writing to me. However I am not a director of Newport County.

Your post assumes an erroneous position on my part. It may have given an incorrect impression of my views. I look forward to your apology.
no avatar
User

Justanordinaryfan

Postby Justanordinaryfan » December 22nd, 2017, 12:33 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:A PM to Stan would suffice I would think, as Stan is surely to post all contents on the MB, after all let’s not forget that transparency is his mantra!

The concept of having a fiduciary duty is perhaps alien to you so let me explain. Members of Parliament have a fiduciary duty to be honest and open with their constituents. Lawyers with their clients. Directors of limited companies with the shareholders.

If people wish to write to me in a personal capacity they can expect that I will keep their letters confidential.

Gavin's position re his personal life is none of my business. His position regarding his career is none of my business. His political opinions are none of my business. If I were to ask him to be open and candid about any of these three topics he would be quite within his rights to tell me to go f@ck myself. His only fiduciary duty to me is in regard to his stewardship of Newport County AFC.

If Owlsabout chooses to write to me that is a matter for him but he can be assured that unless he wishes otherwise the contents of his letter are confidential. My fiduciary duty is to him not you. If you wrote to me in confidence I would extend you the same.

If I were a director of Newport County AFC I would say to anyone who wrote to me regarding Newport County that if they chose to give me information about Newport County then my fiduciary duty to the shareholders would outweigh that of the individual writing to me. However I am not a director of Newport County.

Your post assumes an erroneous position on my part. It may have given an incorrect impression of my views. I look forward to your apology.

Stanley, you read me wrong old boy, my post assumed that if there was something in the PM you could share you would .... I’m fully aware of all the above (perhaps wouldnt use so many long words admittedly).
Last edited by Justanordinaryfan on December 22nd, 2017, 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Postby Fourthousand » December 22nd, 2017, 12:36 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what happened on here few weeks back with your Director friend?
User

SJG99

The End of the Hedge

Postby SJG99 » December 22nd, 2017, 12:47 pm

My only question would be whether the confidentiality of the contents of any personal message is compromised by the announcement of the its existence in this thread, thereby making the wider group aware of it.

And tbh I'm not really bothered either way. :dontknow:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » December 22nd, 2017, 12:52 pm

Fourthousand wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

So what happened on here few weeks back with your Director friend?

Apart from saying Gavin went off on a frolic of his own, signed Hayes without checking, lost Newport County money we can't afford, covered it up with nonsense about 'international clearance difficulties', and finally avoided questions from fans by saying he was considering his position, you mean?

Other than that s/he said nothing. Well other than to wish me a happy Halloween. 8)

EDIT. If that person or persons unknown wishes to share his/her/their views with you that is a matter for them.
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » December 22nd, 2017, 1:11 pm

Strange thread, this one. Owls asks can I send you a PM then states he's unsure how to do so. I assume the real question was either 'can you PM me so that I can reply' or 'can someone telll me how to send a PM'. Either way, not my business. Hopefully this will not run for ten pages. Sorry for commenting and helping towards reaching that target. :lol:

Edit: If it helps
Click on User control panel (UCP at the top of page) then Private Messages, then Select a Member. Should be straightforward from there onwards.
Last edited by excessbee on December 22nd, 2017, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 22nd, 2017, 1:29 pm

Out of courtesy no PM received so far.
no avatar
User

owlsabout

Postby owlsabout » December 22nd, 2017, 2:42 pm

Pm’s Sent thanks guys
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Postby Jimmy Exile » December 22nd, 2017, 4:09 pm

owlsabout wrote:Pm’s Sent thanks guys

Hi. Why private, I thought we all want transparency?
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » December 22nd, 2017, 4:14 pm

Brendan has used another thread to continue printing misstatements about the Hayes signing and bash our chairman.
no avatar
User

Harps62

Postby Harps62 » December 22nd, 2017, 4:22 pm

owlsabout wrote:Pm’s Sent thanks guys

Nothing received.

Perhaps you didn't hit the correct button.

Cheers

Harps
Next