Right up there

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10164

Right up there

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 4th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6129

Re: Right up there

Postby newgroundrodney » January 4th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.


When you say "children", it depends on the ages I guess. I don't know where children fit into being legally responsible for their actions, but "children" can make people's lives a misery by their actions.
Suppose a car window is open and a baby in a car seat gets hit in the face by a tomato? Is it still OK because they're "children"? .... I mean, what ages are these "children".
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

10164

Re: Right up there

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 4th, 2018, 2:46 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.


When you say "children", it depends on the ages I guess. I don't know where children fit into being legally responsible for their actions, but "children" can make people's lives a misery by their actions.
Suppose a car window is open and a baby in a car seat gets hit in the face by a tomato? Is it still OK because they're "children"? .... I mean, what ages are these "children".


I don't disagree with that. But kids mucking around need to be told to bugger off. They don't need to be branded as criminals.
When I worked in Youth Courts I sometimes found myself prosecuting children for normal kids behaviour. Two ten year olds having a scrap in the school playground is not a public order offence or an assault. That I would routinely suggest that it be dealt with by way of a bind-over didn't half piss off some of the blue rinse brigade.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Posts

765

Re: Right up there

Postby DT1892 » January 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Kids do stupid stuff all the time, as a teacher I've broken up countless fights that would've ended in someone being jailed had both parties been over the age of 18. Anti-social behaviour from children is more often than not a product of their home environment.


newgroundrodney wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.


When you say "children", it depends on the ages I guess. I don't know where children fit into being legally responsible for their actions, but "children" can make people's lives a misery by their actions.
Suppose a car window is open and a baby in a car seat gets hit in the face by a tomato? Is it still OK because they're "children"? .... I mean, what ages are these "children".


Age of criminal responsibility in most of the UK is 10, although it's 12 in Scotland. Scotland probably have it right IMO.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

5061

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Right up there

Postby mad norm » January 4th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Tomatoes should not be sold to under 16 yr. olds :mrgreen:
User avatar
User

Marky

Posts

2822

Location

Mazeglaas

Re: Right up there

Postby Marky » January 5th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Here are some of the problems reported:
Boys “running round” the Kingsway shopping centre
Man "asking for things"
“People walking past my window”
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

14110

Location

MT

Re: Right up there

Postby Exile 1976 » January 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Marky wrote:Here are some of the problems reported:
Boys “running round” the Kingsway shopping centre
Man "asking for things"
“People walking past my window”



Nothing a stint in Borstal wouldn't cure :wink: :lol:
User avatar
User

lowandhard

Posts

8072

Location

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Right up there

Postby lowandhard » January 25th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Marky wrote:Here are some of the problems reported:
Boys “running round” the Kingsway shopping centre
Man "asking for things"
“People walking past my window”


Obviously all capital offences, get the black hat out :grin:
I’m just grateful all this draconian unforgiving sh!t wasn’t around when I was a kid, I might still be serving my sentence - as it happened I grew up and became a pillar of society. Funny old world, Saint!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB ®