Right up there

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Right up there

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 4th, 2018, 1:20 pm

Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Re: Right up there

Postby newgroundrodney » January 4th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

Can't help but think that as a society we need to differentiate between those acts which are criminal and those which normal children get up to.

When you say "children", it depends on the ages I guess. I don't know where children fit into being legally responsible for their actions, but "children" can make people's lives a misery by their actions.
Suppose a car window is open and a baby in a car seat gets hit in the face by a tomato? Is it still OK because they're "children"? .... I mean, what ages are these "children".
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » January 4th, 2018, 2:46 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Just seen in the Argus various examples of anti social behaviour. One of which was children throwing tomatoes in a car park. Right up there with running through fields of wheat.

When you say "children", it depends on the ages I guess. I don't know where children fit into being legally responsible for their actions, but "children" can make people's lives a misery by their actions.
Suppose a car window is open and a baby in a car seat gets hit in the face by a tomato? Is it still OK because they're "children"? .... I mean, what ages are these "children".

I don't disagree with that. But kids mucking around need to be told to bugger off. They don't need to be branded as criminals.
When I worked in Youth Courts I sometimes found myself prosecuting children for normal kids behaviour. Two ten year olds having a scrap in the school playground is not a public order offence or an assault. That I would routinely suggest that it be dealt with by way of a bind-over didn't half piss off some of the blue rinse brigade.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » January 4th, 2018, 3:12 pm

Kids do stupid stuff all the time, as a teacher I've broken up countless fights that would've ended in someone being jailed had both parties been over the age of 18. Anti-social behaviour from children is more often than not a product of their home environment.

newgroundrodney wrote:

Age of criminal responsibility in most of the UK is 10, although it's 12 in Scotland. Scotland probably have it right IMO.
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » January 4th, 2018, 5:10 pm

Tomatoes should not be sold to under 16 yr. olds :mrgreen:
User

Marky

Mazeglaas

Postby Marky » January 5th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Here are some of the problems reported:
Boys “running round” the Kingsway shopping centre
Man "asking for things"
“People walking past my window”
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

MT

Postby Exile 1976 » January 5th, 2018, 3:33 pm

Marky wrote:Here are some of the problems reported:
Man "asking for things"

Nothing a stint in Borstal wouldn't cure :wink: :lol:
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Postby lowandhard » January 25th, 2018, 10:40 pm

Marky wrote:Here are some of the problems reported:
Man "asking for things"

Obviously all capital offences, get the black hat out :grin:
I’m just grateful all this draconian unforgiving sh!t wasn’t around when I was a kid, I might still be serving my sentence - as it happened I grew up and became a pillar of society. Funny old world, Saint!