Toxic

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Corpaboy

Posts

3324

Toxic

Postby Corpaboy » March 15th, 2018, 12:30 am

Somebody , somewhere , sometime , once said that this messageboard is "TOXIC" ....

After the last week or so , and after reading some of the recent threads , I'm beginning to wonder if they were right !!??

I appreciate that this forum is for discussing all things Newport County , and everyone has a different opinion of matters on and off the pitch .

But ...... so many times now this group is turning into a forum for certain posters to fight their personal differences in public , all in the name of Newport County , on an open forum for all to read if they want to !!!

Can we all call a truce please and have a big group hug and concentrate on backing Flynny and the boys to "fight til the end" for a good finish to an already superb season ???

PLEASE !!!!!!
CTID
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4731

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Toxic

Postby mad norm » March 15th, 2018, 9:56 am

Corpaboy wrote:Somebody , somewhere , sometime , once said that this messageboard is "TOXIC" ....

After the last week or so , and after reading some of the recent threads , I'm beginning to wonder if they were right !!??

I appreciate that this forum is for discussing all things Newport County , and everyone has a different opinion of matters on and off the pitch .

But ...... so many times now this group is turning into a forum for certain posters to fight their personal differences in public , all in the name of Newport County , on an open forum for all to read if they want to !!!

Can we all call a truce please and have a big group hug and concentrate on backing Flynny and the boys to "fight til the end" for a good finish to an already superb season ???

PLEASE !!!!!!
CTID


Couldn't agree more...spoiling it totally
Frankly heading towards the nastiness amongst West Ham groups
I'm an easy going bloke but some of the posts reflect badly and I wonder what would happen if such vitriol was shown on our terraces
Slurs and nastiness have no place on this forum
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

16811

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Toxic

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 15th, 2018, 10:30 am

Part of the reason I quit as moderator was I wanted admin to introduce the no throw away email to register on here other forums do it I can't see why we can't

Anyone can just get an email address to register and have double three accounts or more it's getting beyond now

But I'm just a pleb
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4731

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Toxic

Postby mad norm » March 15th, 2018, 10:52 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:Part of the reason I quit as moderator was I wanted admin to introduce the no throw away email to register on here other forums do it I can't see why we can't

Anyone can just get an email address to register and have double three accounts or more it's getting beyond now

But I'm just a pleb

Where is Plebshire? :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Toxic

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 15th, 2018, 11:07 am

UPTHEPORT wrote:Part of the reason I quit as moderator was I wanted admin to introduce the no throw away email to register on here other forums do it I can't see why we can't

Anyone can just get an email address to register and have double three accounts or more it's getting beyond now

But I'm just a pleb


I believe in freedom of speech. I believe that is a right. However I also believe in accountability. No need to go into the details but I have been called vile and vermin by Jimmy Exile who has also implied that I am a liar. I defend absolutely his right to say that. I defend absolutely the right of Alan G Briant to say I am the '...lowest of the low. Vile in fact.' That is the price I pay for living in a free society. And to complain would make me a hypocrite.

However if you want to take out toxicity whilst remaining robust there has to be accountability. The rules of this board are that people can remain anonymous. And that must be right. It would be quite wrong for children to have to identify themselves, or indeed people not to have their identity protected in certain circumstances.

However I don't see why the names a contact telephone should not be known to moderators. That would prevent multiple personalities, and would make people think twice about posting bile.

In terms, say what you want but be accountable for what you say. Messrs Exile and Briant seem to want the power of free speech without responsibility or accountability.
no avatar
User

worksop amber

Posts

594

Re: Toxic

Postby worksop amber » March 15th, 2018, 11:07 am

Corpaboy wrote:Somebody , somewhere , sometime , once said that this messageboard is "TOXIC" ....

After the last week or so , and after reading some of the recent threads , I'm beginning to wonder if they were right !!??

I appreciate that this forum is for discussing all things Newport County , and everyone has a different opinion of matters on and off the pitch .

But ...... so many times now this group is turning into a forum for certain posters to fight their personal differences in public , all in the name of Newport County , on an open forum for all to read if they want to !!!

Can we all call a truce please and have a big group hug and concentrate on backing Flynny and the boys to "fight til the end" for a good finish to an already superb season ???

PLEASE !!!!!!
CTID


Best post I've read on here for ages.
As an exile I use the forum for info about matches because I find it's more informative than the official site and the news is normally on here sooner so do not want to stop using the forum but so many arguments and point scoring amongst the same few posters is spoiling it.
I have no idea who is right or wrong nor do I care but it's getting to be that almost every thread that is more than 2 or 3 pages long tangents off to another argument between the same posters and has nothing to do with the original thread
People will say don't read it then but like I said threads simply tangent off half way through.
We are all County aren't we so it's crazy
CTID
no avatar
User

rncfc

Posts

2953

Location

Caerphilly

Re: Toxic

Postby rncfc » March 15th, 2018, 11:24 am

This forum has become incredibly boring; no other way to describe it. This will probably be my last post for a while, as it's too tedious to read in all honesty. The same braindead tat from the same few people, day after day.

Adios.
no avatar
User

westsider

Posts

115

Re: Toxic

Postby westsider » March 15th, 2018, 12:25 pm

Agree 100%. The personal battleground is very boring - I read it because I can't believe that grown men can be so pathetic.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Toxic

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 15th, 2018, 12:30 pm

westsider wrote:Agree 100%. The personal battleground is very boring - I read it because I can't believe that grown men can be so pathetic.


Why not simply post your views on matters which interest you?

I agree entirely with you about how boring battlegrounds are for those not involved. I am genuinely sorry for my part in it I don't though understand why you read things which bore you. My fear is that raging rows are caused by those who want to stifle robust debate. Idiots like me fall into the trap. :grin:
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1601

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Toxic

Postby JonD » March 15th, 2018, 12:30 pm

I took a sabbatical from this place for a time last year as there were some regular posters who just wore me down.

They’re still here, but the break from them did me the world of good :)
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4731

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Toxic

Postby mad norm » March 15th, 2018, 12:38 pm

Names and 'phone numbers? Good idea Mr Einstein..
So .let us all who enjoy this forum volunteerily p.m.our names and 'phone numbers to Mods...it might help them when offensive posts occur knowing who it's not.I shall do this directly although "Mad Norm Milford" would soon find me anyway :grin:
Last edited by mad norm on March 15th, 2018, 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

westsider

Posts

115

Re: Toxic

Postby westsider » March 15th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
westsider wrote:Agree 100%. The personal battleground is very boring - I read it because I can't believe that grown men can be so pathetic.


Why not simply post your views on matters which interest you?

I agree entirely with you about how boring battlegrounds are for those not involved. I am genuinely sorry for my part in it I don't though understand why you read things which bore you. My fear is that raging rows are caused by those who want to stifle robust debate. Idiots like me fall into the trap. :grin:


I read because I find people fascinating - seeing how easily they're wound up, and how little understanding many have of the way that business/HR issues etc work. Yes it's boring, yes it's pathetic but yes it does make me smile sometimes ( not necessarily in amusement - often with bemusement!!!).
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Posts

5735

Re: Toxic

Postby George Street-Bridge » March 15th, 2018, 12:41 pm

Recommend this

- click on any user's name at the top of any post.
- then on "search user's posts" (takes a short while to load);
- this brings up a list of all the posts a contributor has made which you can dip into.

Beware it does often wrap up quotes at the top into a post, but you can see exactly what anyone brings to the table here - or doesn't.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Posts

9623

Re: Toxic

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 15th, 2018, 12:50 pm

westsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
westsider wrote:Agree 100%. The personal battleground is very boring - I read it because I can't believe that grown men can be so pathetic.


Why not simply post your views on matters which interest you?

I agree entirely with you about how boring battlegrounds are for those not involved. I am genuinely sorry for my part in it I don't though understand why you read things which bore you. My fear is that raging rows are caused by those who want to stifle robust debate. Idiots like me fall into the trap. :grin:


I read because I find people fascinating - seeing how easily they're wound up, and how little understanding many have of the way that business/HR issues etc work. Yes it's boring, yes it's pathetic but yes it does make me smile sometimes ( not necessarily in amusement - often with bemusement!!!).


Why not say so? Why not challenge that which is said by me or anyone else? Why not embarrass us by arguing that good and fair points are being lost in personal insults? For me you do rather seem to be saying that you understand business and Human Resources, you know better than us and what is more you are morally superior to us.

I believe that you are perfectly entitled to hold the view of how little we understand such issues of business. However it must therefore follow that your understanding is greater. But unless you tell us, how are we ever to learn?
User avatar
User

JonD

Posts

1601

Location

Corridor of Uncertainty

Re: Toxic

Postby JonD » March 15th, 2018, 12:52 pm

A quick read of the Transfer Rumour thread should answer Stan’s question ;)
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Triangle and 7 guests

Powered by phpBB ®