An inside perspective.

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

whoareya

Re: An inside perspective.

Postby whoareya » March 23rd, 2018, 5:11 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Triangle wrote:7293 hits is tiny on a long thread all who would have commented would have re read the thread multiple times as new posts appeared.

I must be up there in the 200's of times clicking on this. So could be 30 people interested the discussion and no necessarily in agreement with you, the rest came across it, read it once or twice.

Basing importance on number of hits is foolish.

Whether people are in agreement with me or not is irrelevant. I post my views and people can comment upon them.

As for the number of people following the thread all we can say is that a thread with 7,500 hits has probably more readers interested than one with 2,000 hits. Which in turn will have more readers interested than one with 500 hits and so on.

If you have read this thread well over 200 times I really would get out more.

Let me rubbish your 'facts'

527 replies

63 posters -

I will generously give you a two thirds majority for your loyal disciples - lets say 40 but in there are obviously some with duplicate identities like Harps/Mike Kear, but I'll give you 40.

40 is even less than the 2% I gave you earlier.

Tiny
Miniscule
Irrelevant

This thread has been moved into the Wilderness and quite rightly so.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » March 23rd, 2018, 5:26 pm

whoareya wrote:

527 replies

63 posters -

I will generously give you a two thirds majority for your loyal disciples - lets say 40 but in there are obviously some with duplicate identities like Harps/Mike Kear, but I'll give you 40.

Tiny
Miniscule
Irrelevant

I was wrong and you have finally convinced me.

You are a perfect idiot.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Postby Jimmy Exile » March 24th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:

527 replies

63 posters -

Tiny
Miniscule
Irrelevant

I was wrong and you have finally convinced me.

You are a perfect idiot.

Hi. calling someone else an idiot after you just publically adnitted that you thought that 7500 views meant 7500 people is hilarious.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Anthony Redwood v Newport AFC

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 11th, 2018, 10:59 am

As you know Mr Redwood was dismissed by Newport County.

The matter did not proceed to a Tribunal as Newport County conceded. The following explains why.

Mr Redwood kept his emails and text messages from the club. As he was sacked within a year Mr Redwood could only win a settlement for breach of contract. Therefore the reasons given in statements by Mr Foxall and Mr Johnson are irrelevent. Newport County were very fortunate as Mr Redwood had kept a text from Mr Foxall from 20 May which read....

Thanks for the chat earlier. May not agree on anything but I do have the utmost respect for you and value the job you are
doing........

It would have been difficult for Mr Foxall and Mr Johnson to have maintained in light of that, that Mr Redwood was the nightmare employee from Hell.

However the case turned on the contract of employment. In terms Mr Redwood had a contract of employment, signed off by Jon Bowkett, which stated that Mr Redwood was entitled to 6 months notice and to sick pay.

Newport County argued that the contract was not valid because Mr Bowkett was acting ultra vires. The Parole Evidence Rule, which in terms means if you have a written agreement that will trumpany verbal agreement claim meant that Newport County had in any event an uphill struggle. However Newport County nonetheless decided to argue that Mr Redwood contract was not valid.

Unfortunately for our club and our finances, Mr Redwood had kept an email exchange between himself and Gavin Foxall. I print it out in full.

2 June

Hi Gav
Forgot to mention to you earlier, do you have my contract available to forward on for me to look at? I know we spoke a couple of weeks ago but was keen to look over it if I could.

2 June 2016

Ant

Thanks- will send over later.

Gavin

17 June 2016 17.55

Hi Gav, all

Can you forward my employment contract on to me this weekend please? Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ant

17 June 18.16

Anthony

Sorry I did not get around to providing this for a variety of reasons.

I am not in a position to do so at the moment either I am afraid.

Gavin

Mr Redwood is entitled to a written contract. He has asked for it from Mr Foxall. Mr Foxall said he would provide it. 15 days later the contract has not been received by Mr Redwood. He asks again. The request is refused and no reason is given.

That Newport County could have acted in such an inefficient manner, denying Mr Redwood a basic employment right is frankly unbelievable.
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Re: Anthony Redwood v Newport AFC

Postby newgroundrodney » April 11th, 2018, 3:07 pm

For the sake of clarity, in layman's terms, what does "ultra vires" mean?
User

newgroundrodney

Cardiff, UK

Postby newgroundrodney » April 11th, 2018, 3:41 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:As you know Mr Redwood was dismissed by Newport County.

The matter did not proceed to a Tribunal as Newport County conceded. The following explains why.

Mr Redwood kept his emails and text messages from the club. As he was sacked within a year Mr Redwood could only win a settlement for breach of contract. Therefore the reasons given in statements by Mr Foxall and Mr Johnson are irrelevent. Newport County were very fortunate as Mr Redwood had kept a text from Mr Foxall from 20 May which read....

Thanks for the chat earlier. May not agree on anything but I do have the utmost respect for you and value the job you are
doing........

It would have been difficult for Mr Foxall and Mr Johnson to have maintained in light of that, that Mr Redwood was the nightmare employee from Hell.

However the case turned on the contract of employment. In terms Mr Redwood had a contract of employment, signed off by Jon Bowkett, which stated that Mr Redwood was entitled to 6 months notice and to sick pay.

Newport County argued that the contract was not valid because Mr Bowkett was acting ultra vires. The Parole Evidence Rule, which in terms means if you have a written agreement that will trumpany verbal agreement claim meant that Newport County had in any event an uphill struggle. However Newport County nonetheless decided to argue that Mr Redwood contract was not valid.

Unfortunately for our club and our finances, Mr Redwood had kept an email exchange between himself and Gavin Foxall. I print it out in full.

2 June

Hi Gav
Forgot to mention to you earlier, do you have my contract available to forward on for me to look at? I know we spoke a couple of weeks ago but was keen to look over it if I could.

2 June 2016

Ant

Gavin

17 June 2016 17.55

Hi Gav, all

Can you forward my employment contract on to me this weekend please? Would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Ant

17 June 18.16

Anthony

Gavin

Mr Redwood is entitled to a written contract. He has asked for it from Mr Foxall. Mr Foxall said he would provide it. 15 days later the contract has not been received by Mr Redwood. He asks again. The request is refused and no reason is given.

That Newport County could have acted in such an inefficient manner, denying Mr Redwood a basic employment right is frankly unbelievable.

Why has this post been moved to 'Everything Else'?......it is Newport County related and should be on the main board.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 11th, 2018, 3:50 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:

doing........

2 June

Hi Gav

2 June 2016

Ant

Gavin

17 June 2016 17.55

Hi Gav, all

Many thanks

Ant

17 June 18.16

Anthony

Gavin

Why has this post been moved to 'Everything Else'?......it is Newport County related and should be on the main board.

Ultra vires means outside his power.

As for why this post is moved is because.......
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » April 11th, 2018, 5:22 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:

doing........

2 June

Hi Gav

2 June 2016

Ant

Gavin

17 June 2016 17.55

Hi Gav, all

Many thanks

Ant

17 June 18.16

Anthony

Gavin

Because it won't fit :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Postby Willthiswork » April 11th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Merged as it is all about a similar subject.
no avatar
User

Percy plunkett

Postby Percy plunkett » April 11th, 2018, 8:10 pm

6 months notice? Most of us live and work in the real world.Which professions give pay offs like that.
no avatar
User

Jimmy Exile

Postby Jimmy Exile » April 11th, 2018, 8:11 pm

Lolz at stans big reveal. mundane nonsense. He could have text him to bumf him up as he is a snowflake. loads of them in my works always needy and the managers are always saying nice things to them as they are so sensitive.

Gavin goes to in my estimation again. best chairman we ever had by far.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 11th, 2018, 8:53 pm

Jimmy Exile wrote:Lolz at stans big reveal. mundane nonsense. He could have text him to bumf him up as he is a snowflake. loads of them in my works always needy and the managers are always saying nice things to them as they are so sensitive.

Jimmy,

The case was unwinnable because Gavin refused to give Mr Redwood a copy of his contract of employment. A decision not only morally unjustifiable but which cost Newport County over £10,000.

If in your view that makes Gavin go up in your estimation it speaks perhaps of your lack of moral compass and judgement.
no avatar
User

The Cat

Ponthir,Wales

Postby The Cat » April 11th, 2018, 9:11 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jimmy Exile wrote:Lolz at stans big reveal. mundane nonsense. He could have text him to bumf him up as he is a snowflake. loads of them in my works always needy and the managers are always saying nice things to them as they are so sensitive.

Jimmy,

The case was unwinnable because Gavin refused to give Mr Redwood a copy of his contract of employment. A decision not only morally unjustifiable but which cost Newport County over £10,000.

If in your view that makes Gavin go up in your estimation it speaks perhaps of your lack of moral compass and judgement.

Do you know why Gavin wouldn't give him a copy? Genuine question as I don't know the answer.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » April 11th, 2018, 9:44 pm

The Cat wrote:
Do you know why Gavin wouldn't give him a copy? Genuine question as I don't know the answer.

You can read what was said.

The only person who can answer that is Gavin. However there can be no legitimate reason.
no avatar
User

George Street-Bridge

Postby George Street-Bridge » April 12th, 2018, 8:32 am

I just love the notion of a barrister who would be so professionally reckless as to send an abusive personal electronic communication littered with the C-word to someone he has never met pontificating about moral compasses!
PreviousNext