Tampering with balls

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4916

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Tampering with balls

Postby mad norm » March 24th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Aussies up to no good!
Bancroft tampering in front of big screen!!!
Terrible state of affairs
Not a pleasant test series with lots of bad feeling
Getting a bit like footy :shock:
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13950

Location

MT

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby Exile 1976 » March 24th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Dirty, cheating Aussie b'stards ! Even the captain knew about it, looks like they've used Bancroft who'll no doubt now be banned
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

17195

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 25th, 2018, 4:10 pm

so thats why we lost 4-0 cheating chunts
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

17195

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 25th, 2018, 4:12 pm

no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5522

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby pembsexile » March 25th, 2018, 4:28 pm

I don't believe that this is an isolated incident unfortunately. Adam Gilchrist has already stated that other people will say that this sort of thing goes on and that it is unacceptable. It is part of a wider issue of cheating across all sports. Both the rewards for winning and the penalties for failure are far too extreme in my opinion. How we get back a sense of normality I do not know.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4916

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby mad norm » March 25th, 2018, 6:11 pm

Snicko,referrals,big screens,money,betting,umpires being undermined,too many pundits who know better,money,limited over mentality,money, :shock:
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Posts

5522

Location

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby pembsexile » March 25th, 2018, 7:32 pm

Now we hear that there was an alleged ball tampering incident caught on camera in the recent Ashes 5th test.
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4916

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby mad norm » March 25th, 2018, 7:59 pm

pembsexile wrote:Now we hear that there was an alleged ball tampering incident caught on camera in the recent Ashes 5th test.

I can't hear it in Godalming :shock:
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

17195

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 28th, 2018, 1:28 pm

One year ban for Smith and Warner then

Is that all forms of Cricket would love to see one of them playing for Glamorgan
no avatar
User

mad norm

Posts

4916

Location

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby mad norm » March 28th, 2018, 4:23 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:One year ban for Smith and Warner then

Is that all forms of Cricket would love to see one of them playing for Glamorgan

What form of cricket do they play then? :mrgreen:
User avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

Posts

17195

Location

The Republic of Malpas

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 28th, 2018, 4:37 pm

mad norm wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:One year ban for Smith and Warner then

Is that all forms of Cricket would love to see one of them playing for Glamorgan

What form of cricket do they play then? :mrgreen:


The one that Glamorgan beat Surrey more often than not

Despite their mega star's :roll:
no avatar
User

The Cat

Posts

1132

Location

Ponthir,Wales

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby The Cat » March 28th, 2018, 4:51 pm

Al forms of cricket for 12 months. Personally I wouldn't want Warner in any Glamorgan set up. A very good player, but completely out of control. He would be hard to support and hard to keep down in the dressing room. As KP, Boycott etc have found out in the past team spirit counts for a lot. ( I feel bad mentioning their names alongside Warner).
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4290

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby Cornish Exile » March 28th, 2018, 7:38 pm

Cameron Bancroft, the 3rd offender, has been given a 9 month ban from International and State cricket.

Apparently, he is still eligible to play for Somerset, but they have yet to make a decision about cancelling his contract.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Posts

4290

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby Cornish Exile » March 28th, 2018, 7:44 pm

Exile 1976 wrote:Dirty, cheating Aussie b'stards ! Even the captain knew about it, looks like they've used Bancroft who'll no doubt now be banned


I can remember Atherton doing something similar a few years ago.

He got away with a fine. but retained the England captaincy.

Double standards or what?
no avatar
User

Exile 1976

Posts

13950

Location

MT

Re: Tampering with balls

Postby Exile 1976 » March 28th, 2018, 8:13 pm

Cornish Exile wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Dirty, cheating Aussie b'stards ! Even the captain knew about it, looks like they've used Bancroft who'll no doubt now be banned


I can remember Atherton doing something similar a few years ago.

He got away with a fine. but retained the England captaincy.

Double standards or what?



Dirty, cheating English b'stards !
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB ®