Jackorais - RE Harps 62

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Re: Jackorais - RE Harps 62

Postby Jackorias » March 28th, 2018, 12:36 pm

There's more to the Harps ban than simply creating double, then triple and now quadruple account (hello Chris K...) of which I don't wish to disclose publicly. If you really must know, drop me a PM.

Stan has a simple short-term ban for personal attack for a reported post.

Fragmenting the forums hasn't worked especially well in the past. Our traffic simply does not and has never been tempted on the whole to view more than one subforum, the main one. We've tried Grandstand subforums, travel subforums, different categories and it's ended up dying a lonely death. Just take Stan's recent claims of "censorship" when a few threads have been moved to Everything Else recently. He cries only for the fact because there are less eyes viewing the content in Everything Else. Not exactly the definition of "censorship" admittedly.

Anything else you'd like me to answer for?
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jackorias » March 28th, 2018, 12:38 pm

I'm also very aware it's an unofficial forum and have fought for it to remain so through the years. I don't quite understand the foundation of the allegation.
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jackorias » March 28th, 2018, 12:42 pm

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:I don't think that Harps is the only thing to have been hit by unacceptable censorship, where has Stan's serialisation of the Redwood diaries gone? Indeed, he is also conspicuous by his unusual absence.

I believe that was moved to everything else once it had turned into an endless slanging match. It was either delete messages (which is the absolute last resort) or move the topic entirely.

It's a tough line to tread between dealing with people complaining of toxicity and those complaining on the thread movement.
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » March 29th, 2018, 6:18 am

Jackorias wrote:There's more to the Harps ban than simply creating double, then triple and now quadruple account (hello Chris K...) of which I don't wish to disclose publicly. If you really must know, drop me a PM.

Fragmenting the forums hasn't worked especially well in the past. Our traffic simply does not and has never been tempted on the whole to view more than one subforum, the main one. We've tried Grandstand subforums, travel subforums, different categories and it's ended up dying a lonely death. Just take Stan's recent claims of "censorship" when a few threads have been moved to Everything Else recently. He cries only for the fact because there are less eyes viewing the content in Everything Else. Not exactly the definition of "censorship" admittedly.

Yes please. Agree to Neil original request regarding Harps being allowed back on board.
no avatar
User

whoareya

Postby whoareya » March 29th, 2018, 7:37 am

pembsexile wrote:
Jackorias wrote:There's more to the Harps ban than simply creating double, then triple and now quadruple account (hello Chris K...) of which I don't wish to disclose publicly. If you really must know, drop me a PM.

Yes please. Agree to Neil original request regarding Harps being allowed back on board.

So even though you now know that he opened numerous other ID'S to get around bans you still think he's been wronged?
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » March 29th, 2018, 10:26 am

Reading that its not only the multiple accounts is the reason for his ban then maybe my sympathy for him is misplaced..

It would be a boring world if we all agreed on things but at least have the ''balls'' to back up your posts or debate them as MEN/WOMEN..Many on here just turn to abuse because you disagree with their views and that's a cowards way out IMO..

Sorry if my views upset a few but I will always debate them on here and explain why I feel that way. never once would I report anyone for having different views I don't agree with.
That's what a FORUM is isn't it....A place to debate our views ???
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » March 29th, 2018, 12:39 pm

Never post on this forum any comment you're not prepared to say to the recipients face
Not too controversial I posit .
no avatar
User

pembsexile

Sunny and warm Pembrokeshire

Postby pembsexile » March 29th, 2018, 6:18 pm

whoareya wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

So even though you now know that he opened numerous other ID'S to get around bans you still think he's been wronged?

Yes. In another post I stated that anyone who makes homophobic, racist or sexist comments deserves a ban. To the best of my knowledge Harps hasn't done that.

With regards to multiple Id's I asked for a general amnesty for all. Even people who have recently admitted to having other accounts and were called out by Jackorias. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I think we need as many people as possible on this board with as many various viewpoints as possible. It would be a sad sad world if nobody had a second chance.
no avatar
User

Cornish Exile

Postby Cornish Exile » March 29th, 2018, 7:37 pm

People know the rules when they sign up.

If for various reasons they choose to ignore them, they should face the consequences.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Postby The Newport » March 29th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Jackories wrote: There's more to the Harps ban than simply creating double, then triple and now quadruple account (hello Chris K...) of which I don't wish to disclose publicly. If you really must know, drop me a PM.

pembsexile wrote:

whoareya Wrote:

pembsexile wrote:
Yes. In another post I stated that anyone who makes homophobic, racist or sexist comments deserves a ban. To the best of my knowledge Harps hasn't done that.

With regards to multiple Id's I asked for a general amnesty for all. Even people who have recently admitted to having other accounts and were called out by Jackorias. I don't think that is too much to ask for. I think we need as many people as possible on this board with as many various viewpoints as possible. It would be a sad sad world if nobody had a second chance.

If Harps62 is now Chris K and he has had a number of other accounts. What is Harps62 real name and what other names did he use?
User

Jackorias

Rank

Administrator

Postby Jackorias » March 30th, 2018, 4:30 am

The Newport wrote:Jackories wrote: There's more to the Harps ban than simply creating double, then triple and now quadruple account (hello Chris K...) of which I don't wish to disclose publicly. If you really must know, drop me a PM.

pembsexile wrote:

whoareya Wrote:

pembsexile wrote:

If Harps62 is now Chris K and he has had a number of other accounts. What is Harps62 real name and what other names did he use?

Mike Kear was one and I deleted another from the database which had an IP address that was an identical match with a majority of Harps' posts.
no avatar
User

Fourthousand

Postby Fourthousand » March 30th, 2018, 9:49 pm

Best leave him where he is, what amazes me most is that with all the names he used, he managed not to post under the username 'Captain Deluded'. Unfortunately I suspect he will be back, but will soon break cover - all that nonsense about challenging the names of posters and comments about multiple usernames when all the time he was having a little chuckle to himself whilst using his other aliases to 'manipulate this forum. Mike Kear was his alter 'goodytwoshoes' image - Captain Deluded or Captain Devious - he got all the bases covered - no amenesty just a long ban please.
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » March 30th, 2018, 10:28 pm

Fourthousand wrote:Best leave him where he is, what amazes me most is that with all the names he used, he managed not to post under the username 'Captain Deluded'. Unfortunately I suspect he will be back, but will soon break cover - all that nonsense about challenging the names of posters and comments about multiple usernames when all the time he was having a little chuckle to himself whilst using his other aliases to 'manipulate this forum. Mike Kear was his alter 'goodytwoshoes' image - Captain Deluded or Captain Devious - he got all the bases covered - no amenesty just a long ban please.

He is now telling 'ROBBIE WILMOTT' on twitter it is my fault that he got banned off here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » March 31st, 2018, 2:02 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
Fourthousand wrote:Best leave him where he is, what amazes me most is that with all the names he used, he managed not to post under the username 'Captain Deluded'. Unfortunately I suspect he will be back, but will soon break cover - all that nonsense about challenging the names of posters and comments about multiple usernames when all the time he was having a little chuckle to himself whilst using his other aliases to 'manipulate this forum. Mike Kear was his alter 'goodytwoshoes' image - Captain Deluded or Captain Devious - he got all the bases covered - no amenesty just a long ban please.

He is now telling 'ROBBIE WILMOTT' on twitter it is my fault that he got banned off here :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that stright up mate :shock:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » March 31st, 2018, 2:15 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:

Is that stright up mate :shock:

YES....I quote his post....'' I recently got banned from the Exiles forum and its all down to this miserable sod who never ever praises the boys '' ( PaulHarper62)
PreviousNext