Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6015

Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

Postby newgroundrodney » May 21st, 2018, 7:39 pm

Does anyone know if you have an old style large SIM, and you buy a phone that only takes the smaller size, can your service provider swap all the info off the larger old size SIM, directly onto the new smaller size needed for the new phone?

We can't cut the old SIM because the metal chips are different sizes, so we need a proper transfer if such a thing is possible.

Anyone know about this stuff?......
no avatar
User

Willthiswork

Rank

Moderator

Posts

1719

Re: Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

Postby Willthiswork » May 22nd, 2018, 6:55 am

Yes. The providers can sort out a new sim card for you. They can give you one on the shop and get your number transferred to it. You will probably lose your contacys and photos etc... zo back them up.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Posts

210

Re: Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

Postby The Newport » May 22nd, 2018, 3:49 pm

Willthiswork wrote:Yes. The providers can sort out a new sim card for you. They can give you one on the shop and get your number transferred to it. You will probably lose your contacys and photos etc... zo back them up.



Here's something worth considering.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-to-Trans ... 576/g.html

https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Use-a-S ... 579/g.html

https://www.tesco.com/direct/dynamode-u ... rce=others


https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay%20 ... =firefox-b
no avatar
User

newgroundrodney

Posts

6015

Re: Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

Postby newgroundrodney » May 22nd, 2018, 3:52 pm

The Newport wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Yes. The providers can sort out a new sim card for you. They can give you one on the shop and get your number transferred to it. You will probably lose your contacys and photos etc... zo back them up.



Here's something worth considering.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-to-Trans ... 576/g.html

https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Use-a-S ... 579/g.html

https://www.tesco.com/direct/dynamode-u ... urce=other


https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay%20 ... =firefox-b




Some great info there thanks. All done in store at O2 in Cardiff.
no avatar
User

The Newport

Posts

210

Re: Mobile phones, SIM cards, swapping info over etc...

Postby The Newport » May 22nd, 2018, 8:06 pm

newgroundrodney wrote:
The Newport wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Yes. The providers can sort out a new sim card for you. They can give you one on the shop and get your number transferred to it. You will probably lose your contacys and photos etc... zo back them up.



Here's something worth considering.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/How-to-Trans ... 576/g.html

https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Use-a-S ... 579/g.html

https://www.tesco.com/direct/dynamode-u ... urce=other


https://www.google.com/search?q=ebay%20 ... =firefox-b




Some great info there thanks. All done in store at O2 in Cardiff.


Not a problem. I'm only glad that I could help you in some way.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Powered by phpBB ®