Killing vegans

If it ain't amber or ain't football then it belongs here!
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Killing vegans

Postby Stan A. Einstein » October 31st, 2018, 6:25 pm

I see that the editor of the Waitrose magazine has lost his job for making a joke about killing vegans.

I have finally been persuaded that the world has gone mad.
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Re: Killing vegans

Postby penycwm county » November 1st, 2018, 2:07 pm

is it still okay to make jokes about ginger people ?....I'm running out of topics (not chocolate bars)
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 1st, 2018, 3:05 pm

penycwm county wrote:is it still okay to make jokes about ginger people ?....I'm running out of topics (not chocolate bars)

I am a bit of a ginge'. I prefer strawberry blonde. Anyway to answer your question. No it is not okay to make jokes about ginger people. And it is not okay to even raise the subject.

Next time I drive down to Fishguard Harbour I am coming to find you and then I am going to kill you.

Slowly.

Very, very slowly.

:grin:
User

penycwm county

Pembrokeshire

Postby penycwm county » November 1st, 2018, 5:57 pm

I'm sure that making these type of threats is not Politically Correct either, but I'm going on holiday,,,just in case.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » November 3rd, 2018, 8:59 pm

I mean, it's not a good look for a company trying to increase it's share of the vegan market. Not a very professional response. As much as veganism seems to annoy people for some reason.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 4th, 2018, 1:18 pm

DT1892 wrote:I mean, it's not a good look for a company trying to increase it's share of the vegan market. Not a very professional response. As much as veganism seems to annoy people for some reason.

When my mother threatened to kill me if I didn't stop doing whatever it was my eight year old self was doing to annoy her I didn't take it seriously.

I do agree that vegans like redheads and Christians seem to annoy some people for no reason. But here's the difference. In my lifetime and it still happens, gay people have been beaten up in the streets for no other reason than they are gay. Asian people likewise for being Asian. No vegan has ever worried about being beaten up because they forgo animal products.
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » November 4th, 2018, 3:47 pm

Don't think anyone has argued that they do. It's still an unprofessional response.

I'd imagine if it had been one of their many underpaid apprentices responding to e-mails in a similar manner, I doubt there'd be this faux outrage about his resignation.

Frankly, the fewer we see of Jacob Rees-Mogg's mates in the media, the better for everyone.
no avatar
User

Stan A. Einstein

Postby Stan A. Einstein » November 4th, 2018, 4:16 pm

DT1892 wrote:Don't think anyone has argued that they do. It's still an unprofessional response.

I'd imagine if it had been one of their many underpaid apprentices responding to e-mails in a similar manner, I doubt there'd be this faux outrage about his resignation.

Frankly, the fewer we see of Jacob Rees-Mogg's mates in the media, the better for everyone.

Jacob Rees-Mogg has mates? :shock:
no avatar
User

mad norm

In a Station Lane not as long as Warnhams

Postby mad norm » November 4th, 2018, 5:45 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:I mean, it's not a good look for a company trying to increase it's share of the vegan market. Not a very professional response. As much as veganism seems to annoy people for some reason.

When my mother threatened to kill me if I didn't stop doing whatever it was my eight year old self was doing to annoy her I didn't take it seriously.

I do agree that vegans like redheads and Christians seem to annoy some people for no reason. But here's the difference. In my lifetime and it still happens, gay people have been beaten up in the streets for no other reason than they are gay. Asian people likewise for being Asian. No vegan has ever worried about being beaten up because they forgo animal products.

But they would probably get cauliflower ears :shock: